COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
VPNs are a way of camouflaging your computer/phone to let the internet think you are from a different area in the world than you really are. You can pretend to be in USA and thus access stuff that is blocked for those outside the USA.
Everyday is a schoolday for me me mate thank you.

I've just read about the common flu deaths numbers. There were numbers posted here several times and they differ significantly from one very reliable source to other. The reason might e in fact that common flu deaths are not registered at all, it's just approximation made by seasonal deaths" - the difference in rise of deaths in flu season compared to average deaths over other months of the year.

That sounds pretty logical as common flu is so, well, common that I've never heard anyone tested for it ever, so there's no way anyone could know even approximate number of deaths. It's just a guessing game.

@SWP's back you've posted about this few times

Last edited:
Agree with the principle and the logic.

However, how long you need a lockdown for, depends heavily on how tight the lockdown is, and how much "leakage" you get. Unfortunately the scenes in the early stages - still continuing to an extent - of people crammed into tube trains, packed together at supermarket checkouts and working on building sites etc in close proximity, incur a lot of leakage.

For us to come out of lockdown, the residual rate of infection needs to be so low that we can effectively track and isolate all new cases and test and isolate those they've been in contact with. And since we are not near the peak yet, and even further from it plateauing let alone falling, I think we are stuck with this for way more than 1 month. My guess would be 3 months, maybe more.
This is very true. How many NHS staff have contracted it, taken it home to their family then their partner has gone to work or their kids have gone to school?

It will be going on for a very long time at this rate.

As if the Covid and lock down weren't enough, it appears a couple of geniuses ski'd this morning on Mt Taylor, a notorious avalanche hazard ( I've known three people who were killed on the Mt over tbe hears) we had a big wet heavy snowfall last night....anyhoo, long story short, they set off an avalanche and one is missing, now got Search and Rescue tied up looking for his body, fucking unbelievable

And putting the rescue team in danger arrogant pricks.

This is very true. How many NHS staff have contracted it, taken it home to their family then their partner has gone to work or their kids have gone to school?

It will be going on for a very long time at this rate.

Have you been bed yet jay I went to bed you were on woke up your on:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.