Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

The point about the DD being taken is that some people simply do not have it or making a choice between feeding themselves or paying for a product up front that they will never see. Yes the owner is involved in the ownership of the Excel and Pep has donated a huge sum but that has zero bearing on someone who’s income has stopped but still has food to buy and utility bills to pay .
That's the chance we took when we signed up to the DD agreement, it's not City's fault that this fucking virus has screwed up our finances and the simplest way for them to process refunds is to ensure that all s/card holders have paid in full and then when the season is finally killed off they can issue 6/19ths of the cost to everyone as a refund. I could do without paying my £70 on the 15th April but it's my responsibility to either do that or cancel, it's not City's responsibility to give me a free ride.

If they hadn't offered an intrest free loan they wouldn't have had 45k s/ c holders simple as maybe half that no

Most Blues find the money when they need to. If watching City is the highlight of their week then giving that up is a very difficult thing to do.

Interest free DD’s are a very new concept in comparison to how long so many have been going.

Most Blues find the money when they need to. If watching City is the highlight of their week then giving that up is a very difficult thing to do.

Interest free DD’s are a very new concept in comparison to how long so many have been going.
£700/£800 s/c are a relatively new concept too

All commendable, but let me make an analogy, you go through the drive thru at the McDonald's you ask for a whole bunch of food and as you are driving off you find out they have screwed the order up so you return to complain and are told ohhh we didn't have what you asked for and we aren't likely to have it again.... but we wanted to charge you in the event that it arrived while waiting, ohhh and BTW we are going to charge you for your visit next week too.. You are understandably likely to be upset so you complain to Head Office and are told that you shouldn't be upset because there are 11 Ronald McDonald House's around the UK, sure that's commendable but you still only came for a burger, they screwed up the order and then charged you for it!

Thanks Dontlookbackinanger but in your analogy McDonalds have fooked up and it isn’t a global pandemic that’s outside their control.

I don’t want to go over old arguments but in a nutshell the football season isn’t over yet, it will be easier for people who paid the last DD to be refunded or credited for 6 games (not saving 2), and most people expect loans to be repaid wherever possible.

For me the biggest issue here is the way the club have engaged the fans. They just aren't very good at communicating, something I've said for a while. I have some knowledge of payment systems and it just is not easy to just to a bulk freeze. I don't know the clubs systems and how they operate but I guarantee it would not have been an easy change and under the current circumstances I'm not sure what staff are currently in place to operate the systems at the moment and where in the world the support teams sit.

I'm sure the club will do the right thing around reimbursement but I totally agree its an own goal in how they have communicated this.

Thanks Dontlookbackinanger but in your analogy McDonalds have fooked up and it isn’t a global pandemic that’s outside their control.

I don’t want to go over old arguments but in a nutshell the football season isn’t over yet, it will be easier for people who paid the last DD to be refunded or credited for 6 games (not saving 2), and most people expect loans to be repaid wherever possible.
I guess I didn't make my point well, as football supporters our only connection for the vast majority of us to the club is the football, the owners of the club can to lots of good things or not, however what they do is essentially irrelevant without the football

It would have been a huge gesture for the players to get together and pay the final instalment. Rough estimate about £3m between 22 players is £130k each. Less than a weeks wage for some and they could have done it pro rata so lower paid are not impacted more.

City should definitely suspend though but too late now and communications have been shocking.

If they hadn't offered an intrest free loan they wouldn't have had 45k s/ c holders simple as maybe half that no

Then I thank City for coming up with a scheme that helps fill the Stadium, but I suppose a dozen or so trophies helped a bit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.