Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

I get what you mean,its shit,but that's the nature of the beast........this virus needs completely fucking off before any mass gatherings are allowed,imo.
The virus is unlikely to be eradicated completely, it will most likely mutate - hopefully to a less harmful form - and become similar to the seasonal flu that we manage with vaccines. People will still die from covid19-related illness just as they die every year from flu-related illness. But for society to continue to function we have to get back to something approaching normality as soon as is practically possible.

It's just my opinion mate....
Sport will make a comeback....Dead people wont.

That's what them fuckers at UEFA and the premier league,need to understand.
Football will never be the same , uefa & the premier league have created a them & us situation by their sheer greed , most fans are looking at them now with the same contempt they’ve looked at fans with for years . They are an utter disgrace & if they think they can go back to the way things were after all this I beleive they may be in for a shock.

The only way I can see that the football bosses will listen, is if Nicky Morgan the Secretary of State for Digital, Media and Sport comes out and tells them that they have got to cancel the season. The new football season can only start when I say it can and not before. I have just sent here an e-mail asking to tellt hem that they have to null and void the season, so that all players and staff can be protected from the coronavirus.

The only way I can see that the football bosses will listen, is if Nicky Morgan the Secretary of State for Digital, Media and Sport comes out and tells them that they have got to cancel the season. The new football season can only start when I say it can and not before. I have just sent here an e-mail asking to tellt hem that they have to null and void the season, so that all players and staff can be protected from the coronavirus.
The season needs cancelling as soon as possible , leaving clubs, players & fans in limbo is showing them up for what they are , greedy fuckers.
Prepare for the new season whenever that may be with a fresh start .

Morgan left to be replaced by Oliver Dowden.

Surely the players will have a say as to if they are happy to continue playing !!! what happens to the 2 meter distance advice, this means no tackling all a big joke just shut it all down now and lets work together to get out the other side healthy
Exactly, how do players build a defensive wall 2m away from each other? Health of nations is more important than football right now.

This is a strange position for me to adopt as I don't like either of these organisations but the fact is that both the PL & UEFA only have responsibility for football. They aren't responsible for public health, the economy and all the other things that governments are responsible for. On that basis you can't blame them for trying to find a way to minimise the financial losses that potentially could decimate football throughout Europe.

I've long gone past caring whether Liverpool win the league or not.

I'll tell you my problem with this idea of playing a mini competition behind closed doors for the rest of the league games - what if, for the sake of argument, Liverpool win their first two games and effectively seal the league? Are their players then going to want to hang about playing the remaining games with the risk of infection etc. and, if not, how is that fair on teams at the other end who are relying on games being played in a fair manner to ensure that they can escape relegation? It's a can of worms.

The virus is unlikely to be eradicated completely, it will most likely mutate - hopefully to a less harmful form - and become similar to the seasonal flu that we manage with vaccines. People will still die from covid19-related illness just as they die every year from flu-related illness. But for society to continue to function we have to get back to something approaching normality as soon as is practically possible.

If it needs 5 months of lockdown so be it. They tried keeping everything as normal as possible by allowing Cheltenham, concerts and one last blow out at the pubs and that's why our death toll unfortunately looks set to fly past Italy's and Spain's. The economy will recover from this and as it's a worldwide problem just like it did when the bankers fucked everyone over. Also big clubs in the top leagues will not be allowed to go under once a semblance of normality returns. Small clubs will go under unfortunately as we've known for years football doesn't care about it's foundations or grassroots anymore. The PL and Uefa are an utter disgrace and unlike other sports who would have obviously wished they could continue due to the huge revenue certain events generate they've shown absolute zero class or integrity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.