Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Surely the players will have a say as to if they are happy to continue playing !!! what happens to the 2 meter distance advice, this means no tackling all a big joke just shut it all down now and lets work together to get out the other side healthy
We don’t tackle anyway, we will piss the league

This is a strange position for me to adopt as I don't like either of these organisations but the fact is that both the PL & UEFA only have responsibility for football. They aren't responsible for public health, the economy and all the other things that governments are responsible for. On that basis you can't blame them for trying to find a way to minimise the financial losses that potentially could decimate football throughout Europe.

I've long gone past caring whether Liverpool win the league or not.

In normal circumstances, I would agree, the PL & UEFA only have a responsibility for football. But these are extraordinary times never seen in our lifetime. Surely, during this unprecedented period, the primary remit should be a duty of care to ALL it's participants.
I'm with you, I also don't give a shit whether Livarp**l win the league or not. Give it to them if it 'means more', but cancel football till everyone can play, spectate or officiate in a safe environment.

Awk sure what's it matter that the UK's rate of mortality from the virus is up to the fourth largest globally. So long as we get the football in and millionaires save a few quid, lovely jubbly.

I'll tell you my problem with this idea of playing a mini competition behind closed doors for the rest of the league games - what if, for the sake of argument, Liverpool win their first two games and effectively seal the league? Are their players then going to want to hang about playing the remaining games with the risk of infection etc. and, if not, how is that fair on teams at the other end who are relying on games being played in a fair manner to ensure that they can escape relegation? It's a can of worms.
Or maybe that's the plan two quick wins for Iivarp**l, then they can turn around to the other teams and say well we tried but under advisement from the authorities we will have to "postpone" the other games and then the prem have at least got the dippers a title of such ??

Or maybe that's the plan two quick wins for Iivarp**l, then they can turn around to the other teams and say well we tried but under advisement from the authorities we will have to "postpone" the other games and then the prem have at least got the dippers a title of such ??

That would be a stretch even for them. Everyone would see through it and the likes of Villa, Norwich etc. would sue them to pieces. It's all or nothing really.

That would be a stretch even for them. Everyone would see through it and the likes of Villa, Norwich etc. would sue them to pieces. It's all or nothing really.

If they finish the prem and not the other leagues.loads of lower league will be sueing them.

I would love that to happen because it would be a bollocks title and they know it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.