United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly one for prestwich blue this. What if the glazers mall businesses go bust/liquidated? Would I be right in assuming United wouldn’t be affected so ramaining their cash cow or would us banks be able to take United and sell it to highest bidder to clear the glazers debts?

From what PB has posted in the past it is possible that the banks/lenders have said 'if you want more money for your shopping malls put up the raggy shares as collateral. So either, they bleed the raggies dry to keep the banks at bay or, the banks claim the shares and sell them !!!! In a similar fashion, if really pushed the Glazers could be forced to sell their cash cow to keep the banks happy.

From what PB has posted in the past it is possible that the banks/lenders have said 'if you want more money for your shopping malls put up the raggy shares as collateral. So either, they bleed the raggies dry to keep the banks at bay or, the banks claim the shares and sell them !!!! In a similar fashion, if really pushed the Glazers could be forced to sell their cash cow to keep the banks happy.
Let the banks decide on FFP maybe...

It's actually a bit worse than that (hopefully). No-one knows for certain because of the way united's finances are deliberately obscured, but its likely that the Glazer's American borrowings are, at least partly, secured against their shares.

All speculation, of course, but my experience is that, because of the volatility of shares, the lending institution(s) will seek additional security such as personal guarantees in case the shares go down in value. So, if their shares do go down, their personal assets would be at risk. A very good reason for them not to sell at the bottom of the market unless the lenders force them to. And then it's a buyers market.

If I was a billionaire involved in a rival business and with unparalleled contacts in the world of finance, I'd be keeping a very close eye on that club.

It's actually a bit worse than that (hopefully). No-one knows for certain because of the way united's finances are deliberately obscured, but its likely that the Glazer's American borrowings are, at least partly, secured against their shares.

All speculation, of course, but my experience is that, because of the volatility of shares, the lending institution(s) will seek additional security such as personal guarantees in case the shares go down in value. So, if their shares do go down, their personal assets would be at risk. A very good reason for them not to sell at the bottom of the market unless the lenders force them to. And then it's a buyers market.

If I was a billionaire involved in a rival business and with unparalleled contacts in the world of finance, I'd be keeping a very close eye on that club.

Thank you for posting but I am now so upset by the news that I am going to self isolate. mainly because I have just pissed my pants laughing.

Possibly one for prestwich blue this. What if the glazers mall businesses go bust/liquidated? Would I be right in assuming United wouldn’t be affected so ramaining their cash cow or would us banks be able to take United and sell it to highest bidder to clear the glazers debts?

They are very seperate businesses so one failing would not effect the other. The only circumstance where it would is if teh Glazers ues the shares as collateral to fund something and that funding gets called in. I'd imagine that is very unlikely as they are still very wealthy by accounts. I would imagine the real estate business would just be left to go under and they would still be a wealthy family. That said if it did happen then they would want to reassess - you would not want all your money in sports franchises.

If that's kosher (and it is the Mirror, so I'll be cautious), fair play to them.

Why ? and by that I mean why fair play to them. The media are just playing this, one minute the PFA are saying the players should do nothing individually, then they announce a statement about taking a reduction in wages. we now have this story. it is just media bollocks, hype the rags, slag City. Other clubs, other players may be doing many different charitable things but these shits are always front and centre of everything. I am surprised we haven't seen pictures of rashford on his door step clapping the NHS.

Fookin hell its full of cobwebs on here!
When did peace break out?

It didn't but as the press have run out of players to link them to, Sir Marcus of Rashford has found a cure all the worlds diseases and Olly hasn't opened his gob in 4 weeks it is hard to find anything to laugh at them for...……

and believe me I am trying to find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.