League Cup Newcastle '76

Was too young to go to the 76 final but remember the overhead kick very well. I did to the 81 replay which was a fucking great game when you watch it back. How many did we have at that replay? Obviously more spurs there because if only a few days notice.
IIRC tickets went on sale at Wembley on the Sunday when most City fans had traveled back after the game and most of those tickets were snapped up by Spurs

IIRC tickets went on sale at Wembley on the Sunday when most City fans had traveled back after the game and most of those tickets were snapped up by Spurs
I was in the top tier for the replay, seemed all City up there but fighting was just stating between the top and bottom tier as McKenzie scored. I remember seeing arms & flagpoles going over the divide.

I was in the top tier for the replay, seemed all City up there but fighting was just stating between the top and bottom tier as McKenzie scored. I remember seeing arms & flagpoles going over the divide.
Thats correct. Top tier was all City, bottom tier was mixed. A few Spurs tried getting into the top tier, they didn't last long. Just has they were being redirected to the lower tier by City fans, Mckenzie scored that amazing volley.

Spot-on. 30000 for each club for the replay but around 25000 on general sale at 'kin Wembley!!!

I was 6 when we won the 1976 final

My dad and his brother went to the game. All I remember is them coming home on the Sunday afternoon in time for some dinner and my dad giving me a rosette he had worn.

Didn’t the coach brake down on Chester road in the snow for the wba I was 10 , wolves train think we may have drove for the 76 .
The one we were on broke down I think at Watford Gap........my dad who was a very unlikely hitchhiker asked someone in the car park there if they were going to London and a chap in a mini dropped us off right outside the ground......we sat down just as Jeff Astle scored
Coming back we just looked for the Fieldsend coaches in the car park......I think very were lots of them.
Was it only the supporters club on the coach you were on ?

Fieldsends used to have a booking office on Church Street in Eccles,think they may have been bought out by another company,went with them on many away trips,worst was Peterborough when the driver got lost and arrived after Tommy Booth had scored.
Cheers

Spot-on. 30000 for each club for the replay but around 25000 on general sale at 'kin Wembley!!!
I remember getting into the concourse and a lad wandered through covered in blood, I was right at the top and it was all city but it was definitely mixed elsewhere

The one we were on broke down I think at Watford Gap........my dad who was a very unlikely hitchhiker asked someone in the car park there if they were going to London and a chap in a mini dropped us off right outside the ground......we sat down just as Jeff Astle scored
Coming back we just looked for the Fieldsend coaches in the car park......I think very were lots of them.
Was it only the supporters club on the coach you were on ?
Yes mate with my dad & his pals , vague memories of it truthfully my dad passed away in 06 so can’t ask him ! took me to loads of games from 64 onwards .

Went on a Fieldsends coach from Salford Precinct with my mum’s twat of a husband at the time. My Nan had bought me a new parka and slipped me a crafty quid for the day. I got fish and chips outside the ground for 50 pence (or ten bob) And bought a programme. He was totally non-plussed as to where I got the money from. One of my then 11 year old victories over the bald headed twat. My mum kicked him out three years later. Dennis Tueart’s goal still gladdens my heart to this day. Peter Barnes does too it was right In line in front of me.

great post....still pissing my sides....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.