RIP Eddie Large

A friend worked with him at Metro-vicks, remembers him as a genuinely talented comedian and top bloke. Saw them at various clubs on the Moss Empires circuit, a great mix of rock n roll and banter. Must have loved the last few years......

Sad news, I never thought they were funny but they seemed ok guys. I read online that Eddie was Scottish, anybody know if that's true?

He used to say a bus ran over his foot, reason why he was never a footballer, remember him walking around the dog track at the 81 final with his suit on

Sad news, I never thought they were funny but they seemed ok guys. I read online that Eddie was Scottish, anybody know if that's true?
Those late seventies/early eighties light entertainment programmes were a dreadful era really. Eric & Ernie were coming to an end and alternative comedy was beginning to take hold. Syd & Eddie were a double act since 1963 so must have been successfully doing the club circuits before they won that talent comp in the seventies and the BBC were trying to keep on going with the old tried and tested stuff and tried a few double acts if I remember. Little & Large did the best probably but ITV trumped them with Cannon & Ball.

Definitely two decent guys though from the interviews I've seen.

RIP Eddie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.