COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats good to know. We are a household of six and explaining this a the checkout fell on def ears the other week.
Tell me about it mate.
I’m lucky, there’s now only two of us but three families living within a mile. So if one of us is going we text the others to see if there’s anything they need.
Anyway I wanted 4 Estrellas as they’re 4 for £6. Told I couldn’t have 4 bottles as the limit was 3. However I could have bought three cases of 24 bottles, fucking madness.
The woman in front of me bought all 3 10kg bags of pasta they had, I suggested that was much worse as she’d emptied the stock.

In Scotland, a total of 126 patients have died after testing positive for coronavirus - up by 50 from 76 on Wednesday

From the Department of Health and Social Care:

As of 9am 2 April, a total of 163,194 people have been tested of which 33,718 tested positive.

As of 5pm on 1 April, of those hospitalised in the UK who tested positive for coronavirus, 2,921 have sadly died.

10,657 tests were carried out yesterday in England.

Testing capacity for inpatient care in England currently stands at 12,799 tests per day.
Just to mention those 50 Scottish deaths are 10 new ones since yesterday. 40 are previously non reported ones. Not sure if the same applies to the UK figures. Also Scotland is changing the way it reports deaths from next week to include death certs where Covid 19is mentioned.

pits just an extension of his policy on drug gangs - he should really look at cremating the bodies rather than burying the people he kills to restrict the spread of infection

It's all in the detail, that's where these fancy ideas fall apart, well spotted

569 deaths yesterday. An increase in 6 deaths over yesterday's figure. Let's hope we're near the peak a couple of days early - the peak was predicted for Sunday a week or so back.

Well yes in the medium an long term. Herd immunity will probably be with us in 3 months.
Wishful thinking that, I think. I hope you are right but I cannot see it.

There are 30-odd thousand known cases today. Suppose that is not 5x or 10x out, but it's 100x out and there's 3m people infected. That still means 63m are not. So how long will it take to get to the 40-odd million infections for effective herd immunity? Well if we let it rip, not long. But we are doing the opposite of letting it rip (thankfully) and hopefully the daily infections and deaths will plateau soon, and well before any levels for herd immunity. And once the rates come right down, then herd immunity is even further off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.