COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where I live (Barnet), confirmed cases went from from 130 to 468 in two days. Maybe
bottlenecks in data collection or possibly individuals from other boroughs being dealt with in Barnet hospitals. Bloody high, either way.

There has been under or delayed reporting in your neck of the woods, so I wouldn’t be surprised if that the case in Barnet. It has been picked up by the Health Services Journal

With the usual apologies if already shared, I’ve just read this

https://www.globalresearch.ca/open-...di-german-chancellor-dr-angela-merkel/5708004

lifted from Hitchens on Twitter.

Makes for interesting reading about Germany, some bits more persuasive than others, but I was taken by where in point 3 he asks if any random testing had been done of a sample of the general population to discover just to give us a statistically significant idea how widespread this virus is.
I appreciate the argument against, that at a time of shortage those tests available should be made available first for front line medical staff, but it would be really illuminating I think.
The author here seems to suggest we might discover it is already more widespread than we think, but with high proportion of asymptotic cases, not just mild/moderate symptoms.

I think it is becoming ever more clear that there are many more with little or no symptoms than was thought.

It is a certainty that at some point in the not to distant future we will all be getting tested at which point I think there will be widespread shock as to how quick this bugger has spread.

I'm a builder
So part of our firm has been able to keep going.
They are now saying as this new school job has just come in.
There is now work for me as they need me to run the job.
Unless there is a complete lockdown.
Which in my opinion there should have been all along

I've had to work throughout, generally leave at 6am and there were noticeably a lot more cars on the road today.

Maybe a lot more people / firms realizing the government money isn't coming.

I've had to work throughout, generally leave at 6am and there were noticeably a lot more cars on the road today.

Maybe a lot more people / firms realizing the government money isn't coming.
I noticed a lot more traffic and people wandering around today. I'd have said it seemed like a quiet day, not lockdown.

The age distribution of those deaths will be interesting as well.

The reality is 500,000 people die every year in the UK (I think - if my memory serves me correctly). But the vast majority of them die of old age or illnesses associated with it. But I gather from the COVID-19 stats there are many deaths of people under 60.

It will be interesting to see the overall figures because the circa 15,000 deaths (and probably less if we exclude the people who would have died this year anyway) is still comparatively small in relation to the annual death total. So if the semi-lockdown reduces the number of accident-related deaths/ other respiratory deaths from lower air pollution etc., then we might see a smaller number of deaths. Probably unlikely though because there will be plenty of people dying, on top of the COV-19 deaths, as a result of medical resources being directed elsewhere. Also, none of this is to excuse the Gov't's handling of the crisis or severity of the situation.

I noticed a lot more traffic and people wandering around today. I'd have said it seemed like a quiet day, not lockdown.
Same here, Im off work, went for a run this morning and it seemed busy everywhere, seems to be lots of roads being dug up at the minute in south manchester must have passsd at least 4 diff gangs of road diggers, deffo a lot more people and cars about really cant understand why

44 of those reported to have died after testing positive for COVID-19 in the latest figures had no underlying health conditions, according to the NHS.

I wonder if this is the last minute pub and beaury spot visitors coming through now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.