I wonder if this crisis will be the end of high street shopping ?

cleavers

Home or work, well mostly home these days.
As most non essential shops are closed, and could be for some time, more and more shopping will be done online, it was already bad enough, but if people spend months having to buy stuff online will we just get so used to it, that it will effectively kill high street shopping once and for all. Even the big retail parks with places like PC World and B&Q could find it more difficult.

As most non essential shops are closed, and could be for some time, more and more shopping will be done online, it was already bad enough, but if people spend months having to buy stuff online will we just get so used to it, that it will effectively kill high street shopping once and for all. Even the big retail parks with places like PC World and B&Q could find it more difficult.
Maybe but might have the opposite affect as everybody will want to get out and support workers...and just get out

Don't know, seems quite a few I know are rediscovering, the butchers , bakers. green grocers and the milkmen. They are also saying they'll continue to suuport them after this. If they are true to their word it could be the making of the high street.Could hit retail parks and big shopping centres though as that stuff can be bought on line. But lets not mix the retail parks and malls with the High street, as I for one wouldn't miss the likes of the Trafford centre.

Don't know, seems quite a few I know are rediscovering, the butchers , bakers. green grocers and the milkmen. They are also saying they'll continue to suuport them after this. If they are true to their word it could be the making of the high street.Could hit retail parks and big shopping centres though as that stuff can be bought on line. But lets not mix the retail parks and malls with the High street, as I for one wouldn't miss the likes of the Trafford centre.
Most of my village have closed down except the ones you mention,they are all delivering and doing very well,add to that a farm shop,they will survive but i can't see many of the others coming back

I don't think it'll kill it off. It might speed up online shopping's complete dominance. I reckon a lot of other things will change; like working from home seems to be something a lot more people will be able to do. That could have a massive (positive) impact on the environment and public transport, etc. Supermarkets might go a bit more self-checkout-centric too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.