Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

For me the biggest issue here is the way the club have engaged the fans. They just aren't very good at communicating, something I've said for a while. I have some knowledge of payment systems and it just is not easy to just to a bulk freeze. I don't know the clubs systems and how they operate but I guarantee it would not have been an easy change and under the current circumstances I'm not sure what staff are currently in place to operate the systems at the moment and where in the world the support teams sit.

I'm sure the club will do the right thing around reimbursement but I totally agree its an own goal in how they have communicated this.

Agreed - An email out at 8.42pm hours before the DD taken at 12am in a long winded email and the important text hidden at the bottom. When we knew football since the 19th March that football was suspended until the 30th April (bypassing both payment windows)

What a communications Own Goal.

It would have been a huge gesture for the players to get together and pay the final instalment. Rough estimate about £3m between 22 players is £130k each. Less than a weeks wage for some and they could have done it pro rata so lower paid are not impacted more.

City should definitely suspend though but too late now and communications have been shocking.
Why should folks who took an interest free payment option receiver additional preferential treatment to seas on card holders that paid upon purchase?

Why should folks who took an interest free payment option receiver additional preferential treatment to seas on card holders that paid upon purchase?
Because the people who paid upfront paid the money last year, so even if they are impacted by lots of income at this time, they won't be faced with money going out that they potentially can't afford.

Reactions: Ian
Because the people who paid upfront paid the money last year, so even if they are impacted by lots of income at this time, they won't be faced with money going out that they potentially can't afford.[/QUOTE

Strange notion that those who paid up front are better off than those who took the instalment option, probably many who paid up front stuck it on their credit cards

Agreed - An email out at 8.42pm hours before the DD taken at 12am in a long winded email and the important text hidden at the bottom. When we knew football since the 19th March that football was suspended until the 30th April (bypassing both payment windows)

What a communications Own Goal.

Spot on, i think the club should have suspended DD payments but i think the vast majority including myself who has been a big critic of them would have accepted some form of communication even last week saying look, this is what we have decided, here are the reasons why but if you are struggling then please get in touch to discuss.

How many even read the email at 8:42pm?

It's not that i think the club are bad at communications, it's just that don't feel they have to communicate unless prompted to as they don't give a shit deep down as £££ is king.

Spot on, i think the club should have suspended DD payments but i think the vast majority including myself who has been a big critic of them would have accepted some form of communication even last week saying look, this is what we have decided, here are the reasons why but if you are struggling then please get in touch to discuss.

How many even read the email at 8:42pm?

It's not that i think the club are bad at communications, it's just that don't feel they have to communicate unless prompted to as they don't give a shit deep down as £££ is king.
Since the middle of March I’ve had emails from Barclaycard, Halifax, HSBC, First Direct, Santander, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Caravan Club, V12 finance, Six by Nico’s to name but a few. Each one of them a large corporate entity, except the caravan one. All of them explaining what’s happening and offering support if I need it.
To be fair I have had an email from City, telling me about the ‘new exciting range’ they have introduced.

Whatever they decide to do is up to them but the fact they really don’t seem to be arsed enough about their customers to even let them know what the current position is and when they will let us know the outcome in the future.
To me it shows that the likes of the banks and the supermarkets care more about my custom than my local football club.

Last edited:
Since the middle of March I’ve had emails from Barclaycard, Halifax, HSBC, First Direct, Santander, Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Caravan Club, V12 finance, Six by Nico’s to name but a few. Each one of them a large corporate entity, except the caravan one. All of them explaining what’s happening and offering support if I need it.
To be fair I have had an email from City, telling me about the ‘new exciting range’ they have introduced.

Whatever they decide to do is up to them but the fact they really don’t seem to be arsed enough about their customers to even let them know what the current position is and they will let us know they will let us know the outcome in the future.
To me it shows that the likes of the banks and the supermarkets care more about my custom than my local football club.
Football in general showing what it values ( ££££) above anything

Whatever they decide to do is up to them but the fact they really don’t seem to be arsed enough about their customers to even let them know what the current position is and when they will let us know the outcome in the future.
On that note I have just received my fifth email from Subway since this all started.......

It was, think Chelsea had an early kick off so after their game they turned up at Wimbledon. They also turned up outside Brentford after we lost in the F. A cup
My mate Scully ( different one) had already been chucked out of the Wimbledon game and we could see him sat outside on a wall with Chelsea all around him.
We shouted and waved at him but strangely he didn’t wave back. Funny times

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.