Holiday advice

I booked our summer holiday to Cyprus with TUI in January, and paid an initial £200 deposit. A further £600 is due next week, with the remaining balance due in May.

Tried to cancel the holiday due to financial uncertainty, but they said we would have to pay £800 to do so (the initial £200 + the £600) which isn't an option.

Seems highly unlikely that travel will be back to normal by summer so I doubt the trip will go ahead, but don't want really want to have to shell out more money at the moment. Do I have a leg to stand on if I withheld the next payment?
I think you are contractually obligated to pay and by paying you keep your insurance valid and this ultimately get a full refund if it is cancelled.

I definitely will be looking at the way I book trips in the future. My sister was supposed to fly to the Bahamas yesterday with westjet. They refunded her 100%.
I'm only going to o last minute stand by's, fuck this BS

we had a holiday booked just before i became ill. got a reminder text but ignored it, head wasnt right. didnt go on the holiday of course.
lost 200 quid but never heard from them again.

This thread just sows how the lack of advertising revenue has hit @Ric hard. Normally he would be going to his second gaff in Barbados for 8 weeks. Hopefully we have all turned Ad Blocker off and he can get out there at Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.