Most Overrated Player to Play for City

The issue with this kind of list is the definition "overrated" by whom? if its the supporters I would challenge anyone to find a single City supporter that rated Jo or Bony, or a host of other names on this list, dont get me wrong I'm not saying they aren't crap, but they happened to be crap and not rated

Last edited:
Robinho. He was alright, but he was never, ever, going to be the next big thing for Brazil.
I have an issue with this one, the guy was with us basically 18 months was our top goal scorer in his first year, having missed the first month of the season(and I think forth in the league, although I might be wrong on that)and then spent most of the next half season at the club injured. He looked a really good player for much of the first year, his issues started after the allegations related to a night out in Leeds over the New Year of that first season and lets be far who hasn't had a crap night out in Leeds in their lifetime.

He had the potential to be the best player in world football for 5-6 years, he couldn't be arsed. Some "blinkered fans" and I'll include your good self in that list selectively chose to ignore and dismiss the 3-4 years that he couldn't be arsed.

The rea top players don't suffer with such wild inconsistency; Aguero, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Zabaleta, Kompany etc...even when they're not playing well you cannot question their effort and professionalism. Hence why I dont put Toure in that same bracket, even though he had more talent than all bar De Bruyne in my opinion.

He's hugely overrated by people who only see the highlights (other clubs fans) because he was capable of moments of genius and they didn't see the other 89 minutes of walking and half arsed attempts at tracking his man, tackling or pressing.
i'm bewildered to think of the 3-4 years when he couldn't be arsed? For me he was the best in the world in his position in 2014

i'm bewildered to think of the 3-4 years when he couldn't be arsed? For me he was the best in the world in his position in 2014
He had two good seasons 11/12 and 13/14 out of eight. Two goals at Wembley in his first season against the scum and potteries scum won us the FA Cup, so maybe you can class that as a good season too, although it was very inconsistent.

From 14/15 to 17/18 (4 seasons) he was downright atrocious, his workrate and attitude stunk the place out, excluding a few months when Pep got him back in the team after an apology. The odd wonder goal here and there isn't a representation of a good season in my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.