Etihad Campus, Stadium and Collar Site Development Thread

Agree entirely.

Global travel will be regulated, borders will go up, medical passports introduced.

People will have a new set of priorities and obligations. Millions will be out of jobs or starting jobs they never saw themselves doing.

Perspective will be the required.

It's like people when they bring their first child home from the hospital, the mindset is that things will surely settle down and things will revert to 'normal'?

It is a new normalcy people need to wake up to - just as it was when the planes hit on 9/11.
The 9-11 analogy is a good one.

When that first plane hit the tower, the world changed forever, with few people realising it at the time.

This situation is in far, far worse and is or will effect every single individual on this planet.

Football as we knew it is over for starters. Transfer talk is complete boll&cks, even our owner is going to be seriously financially hit by these events\, never mind the ordinary working man.

When that first plane hit the tower, the world changed forever, with few people realising it at the time.

This situation is in far, far worse and is or will effect every single individual on this planet.

Football as we knew it is over for starters. Transfer talk is complete boll&cks, even out owner is going to be seriously financially hit by these events.

Yup. Just as globalisation seemed unstoppable, it is the very thing which has accelerated this mess.

As a result, what we are about to witness is the complete reversal of globalisation. Countries will become insular and manufacture their own stuff.

Trump will finally get his wall but on a scale nobody thought.

There will now be sinister people out there who can see that a simple virus can bring nations to their knees more than any bomb.

The public won't have any money to spend mate - I think many are underestimating what state the economy will be in when we are let out again.

Here's a prediction for you now - ~City will lose at least 10k season-ticket holders prior to next season alone.

Great design pictures.

The proposed Arena venue won't be open until late 2023 at the earliest, which will avoid a big chunk of the slow economic recovery.

Yup. Just as globalisation seemed unstoppable, it is the very thing which has accelerated this mess.

As a result, what we are about to witness is the complete reversal of globalisation.

I don't think a complete reversal is true; globalisation is also virtual. There will be profound changes but not necessarily a dark age dystopia. Personally I'm hoping for a more tolerant world; that may be just a little too naive.

I agree that this will change everything and I very much doubt any of us could even guess at the changes this will bring and I understand the 9-11 analogy, hell I was living in Boston at the time and worked closely with Portland Maine(two of the airports linked to the flights), However, what followed 9-11 was in a lot of ways kind of expected, this all bets are off if you asked me what the world will look like 10 years from now I would have no idea. I think a closer analogy might be pre and post WW1 the world will change that much

Football as we knew it is over for starters. Transfer talk is complete boll&cks, even our owner is going to be seriously financially hit by these events\, never mind the ordinary working man.

The Coronavirus is terrible but 9-11 led to wars that killed more than a million people so it’s a bit early to say the pandemic will be worse.

Sheikh Mansour is probably being hit by the current economic crisis but he made £billions out of the last one so who knows what opportunities he might identify https://www.euromoney.com/article/b...h-about-barclays-and-the-abu-dhabi-investment

As a result, what we are about to witness is the complete reversal of globalisation. Countries will become insular and manufacture their own stuff.

Trump will finally get his wall but on a scale nobody thought.

There will now be sinister people out there who can see that a simple virus can bring nations to their knees more than any bomb.

You might be right tolmie’s hairdo but I don’t think Countries producing more of their own necessarily makes them insular. We needed to grow more of our own produce anyway for sustainability and a combination of Brexit and Coronavirus has shown just in time global supply chains to be riskier.

That said, China could increase new markets if they show themselves to be a robust supplier in the toughest of times (despite the virus starting in Wuhan). Clearly, a depression in the US would hit the Chinese economy but they might mitigate that to an extent over time. Unfortunately, some countries seem to be in hock to the Chinese and we see some of the word excesses of globalisation in Africa with Chinese prison gangs labouring in new “super mines” in Ghana. With the consequential damage to the economy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.