Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Beggars belief mate

it’s not true though.

he got the 3 mil bonus a few weeks before.

he was given it for getting the stadium done by a certain date.
One of the things he did to ensure it was done was to defer his own salary for last year.

Easy to paint him a villain and he probably deserves it, but the facts must be present in order to make that judgement fairly.

Spurs owner Joe Lewis bought himself a THIRD super yacht last month, I’m more annoyed at that tbh.

it’s not true though.

he got the 3 mil bonus a few weeks before.

he was given it for getting the stadium done by a certain date.
One of the things he did to ensure it was done was to defer his own salary for last year.

Easy to paint him a villain and he probably deserves it, but the facts must be present in order to make that judgement fairly.

Spurs owner Joe Lewis bought himself a THIRD super yacht last month, I’m more annoyed at that tbh.

….so give the fucker back then, defer again just don't take the taxpayers money - and pay your employees full whack

Have I just really read that the premier league are thinking of taking the remaining games and play them in fuckin CHINA??

WHAT THE FUNK?

Apparently a few teams are getting desperate and want to finish the season.
Got a feeling I could name two teams in red pushing for it.

China though? Are these journalists hitting crystal meth self isolating?

As abhorrent as clubs like Spuds taking the tax payers coin is, what's truly sickening is that they are not topping up the 80% the government is covering, and paying the difference to keep their employees on full pay.

I have 20 employees on furlough and have offered clients discounts to pay early, approached banks for loans (with personal guarantees), taken a pay cut myself to make sure my employees are no worse off than they were before furlough. This against the background of no orders and piss poor cashflow and it will stay that way until the money runs out.

Fucking sickening that cash rich PL clubs are riding roughshod over their employees whilst taking the Government coin.

Football is dead to me.
You and Mel stay strong bud.

Have I just really read that the premier league are thinking of taking the remaining games and play them in fuckin CHINA??

WHAT THE FUNK?

Apparently a few teams are getting desperate and want to finish the season.
Got a feeling I could name two teams in red pushing for it.

China though? Are these journalists hitting crystal meth self isolating?

It’s getting more ludicrous by the week isn’t it.

Premier League executives are increasingly fearful they have nowhere left to turn to salvage the current season. Clubs are scrambling, some desperately, for ideas to complete the season on the field. One club suggested completing the domestic season abroad

In this instance, China, considered to be on the path towards recovery, was mooted as the destination of choice. The idea may be up for discussion in Friday’s meeting but other clubs have indicated they will dismiss the concept

Some Premier League clubs feel, therefore, that this season cannot be pushed back repeatedly to the extent that it damages the calendar of next season. There is discomfort in some quarters over the prospect of a shortened campaign next season. [
@TheAthleticUK

That is the most ridiculous fucking thing (aside from my own posts) that i have ever read

I guess those red history clubs are sweating getting first and fith

The disconnect between supporters and football is getting bigger everyday
It is, just chatting with a mate in Germany, and he's feeling the same about his third league club, he's been home and away for years, even down at level 7 visiting local park "stadiums" for a year, he never missed a game unless it wasn't possible, he also supports City (since the late 80's) and the disconnect is growing.

Premier League executives are increasingly fearful they have nowhere left to turn to salvage the current season. Clubs are scrambling, some desperately, for ideas to complete the season on the field. One club suggested completing the domestic season abroad

In this instance, China, considered to be on the path towards recovery, was mooted as the destination of choice. The idea may be up for discussion in Friday’s meeting but other clubs have indicated they will dismiss the concept

Some Premier League clubs feel, therefore, that this season cannot be pushed back repeatedly to the extent that it damages the calendar of next season. There is discomfort in some quarters over the prospect of a shortened campaign next season. [
@TheAthleticUK

That is the most ridiculous fucking thing (aside from my own posts) that i have ever read

I guess those red history clubs are sweating getting first and fith
End the season now and start preparing for next season.
What is difficult about that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.