Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

End the season now and start preparing for next season.
What is difficult about that?
I agree,it must be down to money,contracts,tv money,all the wrong things whilst everyone is struggling,it is clear it is the dippers and rags putting pressure on the man who they literally approved to the top job in the prem to finish it

Premier League executives are increasingly fearful they have nowhere left to turn to salvage the current season. Clubs are scrambling, some desperately, for ideas to complete the season on the field. One club suggested completing the domestic season abroad

In this instance, China, considered to be on the path towards recovery, was mooted as the destination of choice. The idea may be up for discussion in Friday’s meeting but other clubs have indicated they will dismiss the concept

Some Premier League clubs feel, therefore, that this season cannot be pushed back repeatedly to the extent that it damages the calendar of next season. There is discomfort in some quarters over the prospect of a shortened campaign next season. [
@TheAthleticUK

That is the most ridiculous fucking thing (aside from my own posts) that i have ever read

I guess those red history clubs are sweating getting first and fith

Who ever wrote that is as thick as pig shit China ain’t getting any by better it’s still in lockdown and don’t believe anything they say about this virus! Nowhere is safe until there is a vaccine because one person in the world still with it can infect the whole world again in months and we will be back to lockdown indefinitely!

Who ever wrote that is as thick as pig shit China ain’t getting any by better it’s still in lockdown and don’t believe anything they say about this virus! Nowhere is safe until there is a vaccine because one person in the world still with it can infect the whole world again in months and we will be back to lockdown indefinitely!
I smell desperation,i don't know why they don't keep discussions sensible or private and are the meeting up in person or doing this as a conference call?

I can think of only two clubs who the desperation to see the league season completed by the premier league,fa,media and tv companies,if it was any of the other 18 clubs it would be null and void by the time we got to end of April ..

If the Premier league cancelled the season fans would have more respect for them rather than this desperate act to resume all in the name of money and greed.
I could think of a certain group of "fans" who may struggle with the respect part.

You can just picture the scenario.

All European leagues have ended their season, null and void, playing it safe and being sensible.

Meanwhile in England it's early July and for the last 3 months the premier league have been down every avenue to try and finish the 9 games left of a piss poor advertisement of a season.
Elsewhere the Italian, Spanish, German, Dutch, French and Portuguese leagues have had a nice break and are preparing for pre season preparations for the forthcoming 2020/2021 campaigns.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.