Spurs thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure football players wages are legally protected.

When a club goes bust it's the players wages (rightly or wrongly) that are at the head of the queue to be paid.

Any cuts will need to be a mutual thing, and until now the players union have been saying to players "don't agree anything".

Exactly. Spurs, like all clubs, will be desperate to get their players to agree to a sizeable pay cut. But, unlike with normal employees, it’s not something that they can dictate. Otherwise, the players could interpret it as a breach of contract - thus essentially rendering them free agents. Any pay cut will have to be voluntary on the part of the players. And, as I understand it, the PFA are supposed to be handling it. But they seem to be dragging their feet.

They should only be claiming gov help if they are struggling financially but they are clearly not as the players are still being paid their millions

See my post above. They will absolutely want the players to take a pay cut but they can’t enforce it. It is outside their control. It has to be voluntary on the players’ part. The ball is in the PFA’s court.

Pretty sure football players wages are legally protected.

When a club goes bust it's the players wages (rightly or wrongly) that are at the head of the queue to be paid.

Any cuts will need to be a mutual thing, and until now the players union have been saying to players "don't agree anything".

Would that be the richest union in the world that has told its members not to take a pay cut ? thought so.

See my post above. They will absolutely want the players to take a pay cut but they can’t enforce it. It is outside their control. It has to be voluntary on the players’ part. The ball is in the PFA’s court.
I understand that but the club recently announced profits of over £60m and they still can’t afford to pay non-playing staff. Without the groundsman who’s cutting the grass, paying the players wages etc.

I refer to my earlier post.

The clubs can no longer generate revenue. Citing historical turnover, even from the last financial year, is meaningless. Utterly meaningless. What matters is right now. And, right now, next to nothing by way of income is flowing into club coffers. Yet huge costs must still be met.

Cash flow - not turnover - that’s the critical thing. Those who don’t run their own companies need to understand that before spouting.

As a business owner who is currently "negotiating" with my bank of 20 years for a loan to keep us afloat, historical turnover is very much on their agenda, the last 3 years in fact. So to say its meaningless is wholly inaccurate. If I'm judged by it, then so should be Spurs my friend. And, trust me, as a supplier into the retail trade, my company can no longer generate revenue.

Oh, and btw, I'm topping up the 80% furlough by 20% to keep my employees solvent. Fucking Spurs ain't.
Taking the taxpayers coin, whilst cutting wages by 20%, a cash rich PL club? Do me a favour.
Harry? You carry on mate, paid in full.
Fucking shameful..

As a business owner who is currently "negotiating" with my bank of 20 years for a loan to keep us afloat, historical turnover is very much on their agenda, the last 3 years in fact. So to say its meaningless is wholly inaccurate. If I'm judged by it, then so should be Spurs my friend. And, trust me, as a supplier into the retail trade, my company can no longer generate revenue.

Oh, and btw, I'm topping up the 80% furlough by 20% to keep my employees solvent. Fucking Spurs ain't.
Taking the taxpayers coin, whilst cutting wages by 20%, a cash rich PL club? Do me a favour.
Harry? You carry on mate, paid in full.
Fucking shameful..

you’re clearly not a ****! Levy & Lewis are

I fucking hate Spurs, but we’re being a bit short-sighted if we think it’s a ‘one policy fits all’ implementation here, or that we’re pretending they are the only club to come out of this all not doing this, or looking the best.

It’s just a public indictment of where football is in today’s world.. on another planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.