Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Cannot get my head around the £38m or so clubs would have to payback to the TV companies for the Prem games

Three quarters of games have been played, the TV have had an audience, sold advertising, sold packages etc so surely any monies to be repaid should be worked out on prorata basis so they'd all owe maybe £10m each.

It's typical of the authorities to try and turn the attention on the players. I think it's commendable of players to donate to charities and Covid related R&D but I don't think there's an overwhelming feeling from fans they should take a pay cut.

What fans are getting pissed off is the rhetoric on the necessity to finish the league in a time when the world is in crisis. We're pissed off that clubs are still taking people's money and are so determined to get football completed they want to take it to China to do it. It's clear all they're bothered about is their multimillion pound TV deals. We've known football is no longer a people's game and at this time it's just highlighting it more and more.
Forced to agree...

I smell desperation,i don't know why they don't keep discussions sensible or private and are the meeting up in person or doing this as a conference call?
They could meet up and keep a social distance instead of a conference call. There would only be 3 of them, the reps of Livarpool, United and their stooge from the premier league. The first two would make the decision and the stooge would announce it.

93:20 absolutely never stops being the best moment of my life ever. Fuck the Premier League. Fuck Liverpool. Fuck scousers. Stay safe eveyone.
Every time one of their ilk appears on TV and starts to speak I cringe. I know it is wrong but I have tarred them all with the same brush since that Bus Wrecking episode. They will never have that moment we had in May 2012 so as you quite rightly said - Fuck the lot of them.

So if we were about to win our 3rd title on the bounce , does anyone think we'd be avin this discussion ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.