Player Pay Cuts during Crisis

The tax thing is a good point, and theres no doubt a lot of tax is collected from players. That would be an interesting thing that could be modelled quite easily by the clubs or HMRC.

There's probably quite a bit of tax avoidance going on but this is a very valid point.
As I said before @JonWalters19 made a very good point on this on Twitter last night

As I said before @JonWalters19 made a very good point on this on Twitter last night

Just read the thread, yep its a valid point point like I said, I think he may be overstating the tax paid. If he's been paying that much tax, I'd be thinking about a new accountant.

As long as the Club are not asking the tax payer to pay employees i dont think we should be asking them to reduce wages, they pay tax on wages. if the individual wants to give some of his wages to charity we should also let them donate from their wages as this gives you Tax relief.

If your employer, company or personal pension provider runs a Payroll Giving scheme, you can donate straight from your wages or pension. This happens before tax is deducted from your income.

Just struck me as Hancock deflecting from the fact that they have made a proper fuck up of this whole situation from the off. What better way to do it than talk about footballers and how much they are earning? Not much gets Daily Mail reading twats quite as annoyed as premier league footballers' wages.

I it’s quite clearly not just ‘daily mail reading twats’ who are annoyed. It’s huge swathes of the population. And rightly so

it’s disgusting that staff are getting pay cuts, but footballers continue to be paid. Football is a money bubble and people are seeing it for what it truly is now.

Football wages are ridiculous and this crisis has shone a spotlight on that

How do we feel about the fact that so far we have not had any indication that players will take a significant financial hit during the current crisis?

I know some clubs have announced %reductions and deferrals of wages but frankly the idea that low wage staff are getting furloughed or losing their jobs altogether while players seem to be insulated financially from this, personally I find this to be disgusting.

Lets face it, if our first team squad waived their wages for the remaining quarter of the current season, I'm pretty sure it would fund every other job in the club.

I'm not specifically having a go at our players, I think this is a general thing, all players & clubs should be taking this step.

Lets be realistic about it, the first team players don't need the money.

Maybe it will happen in the next few weeks but tbh if I don't see some kind of significant gesture from the players it will be a disgrace and I might have attended my last game of premier league football.

Why should they be told to take a pay cut. I don't hear Hancock demanding MP's take a cut, or any other profession come to think of it.
Given the way contracts are drawn up i would presume footballers have already taken a hit on wages. No bonuses or performance/appearance pay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.