Does Your Vacuum Suck

In 1628 it was placed in law that an Englishman’s home was to be the place of his safest refuge. Or “an Englishman’s home is his castle”.

Therefore we should keep our homes clean and tidy and hygienic at all times. Not only to be a welcoming place to guests (which we cannot have presently) but also to literally be the place of our safest refuge where we are safe from germs, pests, rodents and hazards.

If we aren’t picking up illnesses or getting injured in our homes, they are our castle!

I remember an old fella who used to live across the road from me Nan and he was well known for having a trampy gaff and rats/mice. He was even nicknamed Dirty Den (don’t know if his name was Den, think it was just taken from Eastenders and the fact a den is a house).

Anyone with a trampy gaff should be ridiculed for it, made a bloody outcast!

.... I also remember our twin tub that we rented of a guy called Clever Trevor and nappy day was fraught with difficulty. You put the shit covered Terry Towels in and the water churned into quagmire of stench and debauchery. It shook around the kitchen so I had to sit on it for the 10 minute cycle. Then you had to user pincers to get brown nappies out and put them in the spinner and the house stunk like an eighteenth century sess pit. Then it was off to the line to proudly peg them out... They don't know there born kids nowadays and I for one remain ever so glad for progress: That is all..
Our house was built in 1899 and 20 yards away at the bottom of the garden it had a fine brick built washhouse, slate roofed with a window. It was connected to water, electric, gas and the main drains with plenty of room inside for a big copper boiler, a dolly tub, a mangle, a pulley clothes airer, ironing board and even a chair and table. A discerning previous owner demolished it in the 60s - progress eh?

That's just for one of Jimmys original batteries not a full machine. Maybe I would have been better biting the bullet for an original than giving that robbing bellsniff Mr Wan my hard earned monkey.

My similar model dyson suffered the exact same fate. Started getting shifty after about 2 years and totally dead after 4. Totally bollocks. Why would you ever consider buying anything else they make.

We replaced with a shark and its great so far.

Before I knew Dysons politics we owned one for a short time. Whilst regularly emptying its contents of cat fluff and assorted detritus on the floor when attempting to empty and driving Mrs S to language most unbecoming for a lady of her undoubted refinement and pedigree, it ended up in the municipal dump. And good riddance. Having previously owned state of the art Bosch and Siemens we decided to go low tech and are now the proud adopted parents of a lovely Henry Hoover that does an excellent job for a value price. It also follows Mrs S round the house like a well trained puppy with a beatific grin on its homely visage.

oh. And I now wouldn’t put a penny in dysons pocket even if he was the last manufacturer on earth and I had to sook the cat fur from the carpets chez nous. But we all must find our own way in life :-)
Good luck whatever you decide. I hope it provides many happy hoover hours.

I have been examining James background profiles and accomplishments and cannot immediately grasp his propensity to wind folk up. Apart from fucking off to Singapore, owning lots of land and becoming a knight of the realm I cant see much in the way of malaise and no matter how much I dig he just keeps coming up clean : /

https://www.theguardian.com/life/science/story/0,12996,1317445,00.html

gLuNARW.jpg

Not overly keen on the Henry Hoover, looking somewhat gimmicky in it's generic makeup and bordering on the clumsy according to the recent reviews on Mumsnet. But at a price point it's attractive enough.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/housekeeping/1693413-Are-henry-hoovers-any-good

Gentleman we need to get back to work ! You are elevating a cleaning device to the level of buying a new car, or new theatre system for the living room, or garage tools ! C'mon get a grip we will get through this together, let's have no more talk of Hoover's , Dyson's etc. Time to man up.

My similar model dyson suffered the exact same fate. Started getting shifty after about 2 years and totally dead after 4. Totally bollocks. Why would you ever consider buying anything else they make.

We replaced with a shark and its great so far.

Because like cars it incorporates consumable parts such as brake pads, tyres and clutch assemblies but we don't discard the automobile for these misgivings as it affords pleasure and practicality to it's owner. It's the same with a cordless Vacuum with filters and batteries that eventually need replacing to keep it operating in tip top condition. However having said that I am not not not paying £65 for James's replacement battery pack as it is too expensive. I would however begrudgingly give £40 with free next day delivery. But on the same level neither am I going to allow Mr Wan to have me over for a fat lad so I have sent off another email this morning and he will get 2 a day until he replies.

The reason I am considering another cordless of which the decision has to be made before 14:00 hours today is because if I can get another battery pack of Wan then I can use the V6 as a handheld keeping it in the car. Also the V7 V8 and V10's have a easier disposal chute for emptying with more suction although the suction on the V6 is very good. Also I could sell the V6 with a replacement battery of Wan and just offset the £75 I should get for it on Ebay off the price of the new one. And the new ones all have £75 off in the Easter sales.

I have to leave to make our final judgement call and only have a 2 hour window left. Thank you for your help and assistance and very much appreciated.

I have been examining James background profiles and accomplishments and cannot immediately grasp his propensity to wind folk up. Apart from fucking off to Singapore, owning lots of land and becoming a knight of the realm I cant see much in the way of malaise and no matter how much I dig he just keeps coming up clean : /

https://www.theguardian.com/life/science/story/0,12996,1317445,00.html

gLuNARW.jpg

Not overly keen on the Henry Hoover, looking somewhat gimmicky in it's generic makeup and bordering on the clumsy according to the recent reviews on Mumsnet. But at a price point it's attractive enough.

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/housekeeping/1693413-Are-henry-hoovers-any-good
Henry is not clumsy. He is extremely light on his feet and goes wherever you want him to.
Think my distaste for Dyson is having strongly advocated brexit he fucked his company off to Singapore. Hardly walking the walk. If he wants Dyson to be a global brand, what a message he could have given out for it to remain in ‘global’ U.K. anyhow let’s not fall out about you know what. Plenty other things we agree on. :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.