Coronavirus: Football Discussion Thread

Looking very unlikely there will be a crowd at a football game this year to me? Anyone of the same opinion?
Same here. I just can't see it. Life has changed, habits will change.

Until they find a flu jab that incorporates c19 I can' see most peoole wanting to avoid crowds, especially with 2nd or 3rd wave of this coming in the autumn. And that's if the government even allow it with regards to flattening curves and protecting the NHS.

Maybe our PL bosses haven't thought about this? Fuck that, of course they have, they're as aware as we are, which makes their whole propaganda campaign to finish the season even more unpalatable.

Looking very unlikely there will be a crowd at a football game this year to me? Anyone of the same opinion?
It can't happen. If you listen to all the health experts they have made it clear this is a long-term situation until either we have a vaccine or more than 70 per cent of people have had the virus and developed immunity. This will happen gradually so we may see lockdown followed by a carefully-managed slight easing of restrictions then if cases go up another lockdown etc etc. This pattern will probably happen till next Spring (2021) It's impossible to see how large gatherings or extensive travel will be allowed until we have a safe environment.
The Government is considering health passports allowing people with immunity to go back to work. Football is a global game with players from all over the world. I think next season is unlikely to happen at all.

Same here. I just can't see it. Life has changed, habits will change.

Until they find a flu jab that incorporates c19 I can' see most peoole wanting to avoid crowds, especially with 2nd or 3rd wave of this coming in the autumn. And that's if the government even allow it with regards to flattening curves and protecting the NHS.

Maybe our PL bosses haven't thought about this? Fuck that, of course they have, they're as aware as we are, which makes their whole propaganda campaign to finish the season even more unpalatable.
But what about the scouse parade with Lucy peacock?

Why do people keep saying clubs would 'sue' the leagues if they needed to be cancelled? Surely a level of pragmatism is needed by all involved and even the most ****ish of clubs would understand that something like this is completely uncharted territory and people in hospitals are sick and dying. It staggers me that a club would sue the league, because it needed to be cancelled for the health and safety of everyone involved.

The PL, uefa, FA chiefs speak to their privileged access reporters and tell them to run stories that pl/fa/uefa want out there - "integrity of the league etc" or "cost of voiding is x amount". They do this so that the expectations are set with public, which means the decision becomes very pressured.

No one in the media are actually saying how much it costs to do the work around options.... Ie "how much to cancel next season" or, "will the integrity of the game be affected by hosting a mini tournament to finish the season" or even the legal consequences of alternatives... It's clear to me there is a lot of propaganda going on.

My daughter is a clinical scientist in NHS, two of her friends are going to be working at the Nightingale hospital. They are NHS scientists also. One was drafted in, one volunteered. They get 1 days training, and told to expect a death rate of 80%. Best of luck to everyone, I'm hoping my daughter can stay off the frontline. I'm even further away from giving a fuck about finishing this season

Uefa are now saying leagues have to be completed in order to qualify for next seasons Cl and EL. Games will continue in july and august. The problem might be that restrictions could be lifted in Italy and Spain before they are in the UK, we are told we are weeks behind them, so English clubs could be excluded from next years comps simply because the spread of the disease reached us later.
Fucking hell

They're all in it together from uefa to the leagues, if the Premier league, serie a, Spain and German leagues said they were terminating their season then uefa wouldn't have no European tournaments of note if they carried out their threat (which they wouldn't) next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.