COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Department of Health compiles its figures from data supplied by the four countries' health agencies, who then release their own figures, often taking into account more deaths and figure

Yes,each part of the uk give the numbers out at different times so we get a breakdown every day

Thanks but sorry I should have clarified - Regional England rather than UK

The virus itself does not kill you, but it causes infections that get into other parts of your body.

Uhh, No.

the virus kills you in 3 main ways.

1) You suffocate. If you're not put on a ventilator then eventually after enough of your lungs have clogged up with mucus to stop them getting enough oxygen into you, you'll pass out and die, or your diaphragm will give up from trying to work faster and harder than it's ever had to before for hours.

2) Your heart fails from beating harder and harder to circulate blood trying to get oxygen around your body from your failing lungs

3) Your immune system overreacts and causes a "cytokine storm" which leads to your immune system attacking your own cells and destroying your organs.

Being critically ill with covid19 does open you up to all sorts of other secondary infections, but the virus itself will kill you on it's own if you're not lucky.

Last edited:
I think that new cases are actually nearing their peak.

if they are right about incubation periods we should expect to be seeing falling numbers in deaths and new cases by this time next week. However, given the bulk of cases are emanating out of London and some pictures we’re seeing from TFL, I’m not so sure.

I am worried people will flock out again this weekend,it is very british to want to go out in the sun,i really hope the message has sunk in,this might be your or yours last sunny day if you do

I think everyone's pretty clued up by now. I went out for my walk with the dog and people were crossing the street to avoid walking past each other, or stopping at a side street to let people through.

You can still enjoy the sun without breaking self-isolation.

Uhh, No.

the virus kills you in 3 main ways.

1) You suffocate. If you're not put on a ventilator then eventually after enough of your lungs have clogged up with mucus to stop them getting enough oxygen into you, you'll pass out and die, or your diaphragm will give up from trying to work faster and harder than it's ever had to before for hours.

2) Your heart fails from beating harder and harder to circulate blood trying to get oxygen around your body from your failing lungs

3) Your immune system overreacts and causes a "cytokine storm" which leads to your immune system attacking your own cells and destroying your organs.

Being critically ill with covid19 does open you up to all sorts of other secondary infections, but the virus itself will kill you on it's own if you're not lucky.
I think he’s working on the principle that bullets don’t kill you it’s all the blood leaving you body that kills you, it’s one way of looking at it I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.