Sky Q and Virgin Broadband issues

Kippaxian

Recently binned Sky BB due to a max speed of about 15Mbps and moved to Virgin and getting 150+
However it seems that each evening Sky Q loses its wifi connection to the broadband (seems to be ok during the day although don't use it too much tbh) - no other devices on wifi impacted.
Have tried rebooting the box, rebooting the hub (3) but still drops out continuously.
Looking through Google it talks about mesh's etc and that there might be a conflict - 2.4/5 etc but its beyond me !

I did see a post somewhere about going into the Sky engineer Menu and changing some settings there but not sure if that's the correct (only) way forward?

Would welcome some advice in layman's terms please!

Recently binned Sky BB due to a max speed of about 15Mbps and moved to Virgin and getting 150+
However it seems that each evening Sky Q loses its wifi connection to the broadband (seems to be ok during the day although don't use it too much tbh) - no other devices on wifi impacted.
Have tried rebooting the box, rebooting the hub (3) but still drops out continuously.
Looking through Google it talks about mesh's etc and that there might be a conflict - 2.4/5 etc but its beyond me !

I did see a post somewhere about going into the Sky engineer Menu and changing some settings there but not sure if that's the correct (only) way forward?

Would welcome some advice in layman's terms please!
For situations like this there is only one answer, I think you know what it is, so get the matches out.

I always hardwire boxes in with a cat 6 cable mate, always.

Cheap and easy to do and constant speeds with no hassle.

Get a Powerline connection (easy to setup)
One device plugs into a socket by your router, and a cable goes from it into your router.
The other device plugs into a socket near your SkyQ box, and a cable goes from it into your SkyQ.

Avoids Wi-fi issues.

The devices can also have their own Wifi transmitter, so if you say, put one in your loft, plugged into a socket, you'd get Wifi up there.

I currently have:
Capture.png

..our house has a lot of metalwork from extensions, so Wifi/Mobile signals are generally crap.

So that's one device plugged into router, one for TV, one for the study, and 2 upstairs giving ethernet and wifi access.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.