COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expectation had been growing that the monarch would make a public statement about a situation that has seen the entire country enter an unprecedented lockdown.

While the Queen regularly speaks to the nation in her Christmas Day messages, the speech about the coronavirus marks just the fourth time in history she has given an off-calendar address about current affairs.

She previously gave a televised address ahead of her mother's funeral in 2002, following the death of Diana in 1997, and during the Gulf War in 1991

Whatever you think of the royal family the queen has always done her duty,she believes very much in doing her duty,hence why she is still going at 93 and phil as her consort has only just stepped back at 96/97
Note the time Jeremy

I’ve seen reports that a disproportionate amount of Doctors and Nurses from the subcontinent or heritage of such, have died from contracting COVID-19.

Some suggesting it could be subconscious bias about them not getting PPE/tested but the general view from Doctors in this thread is it could be blood group, some even suggesting it might be similar for the general population and why that poor 13 year old lad died-

What do people think?

Interesting but an awful lot of untangling required due to all the variables involved.

The UK's top medical experts have urged clinicians to enrol coronavirus patients in clinical trials.

In an open letter, the UK's chief medical officers and NHS England medical director Professor Stephen Powis called for patients to be involved in the trials in primary care, hospitals and intensive care units.

"As yet, there are no proven treatments for COVID-19," they said. "We need to gather reliable evidence through clinical trials

I don't expect her to be anywhere. I just don't see the big deal in making a broadcast.
I guess some will be eager to hear what she has to say but not sure why. Most will have more important stuff going on right now.

They`ve got to have one of the fucker we pay handsomely do something for the money.

tenor.gif

I don't expect her to be anywhere. I just don't see the big deal in making a broadcast.
I guess some will be eager to hear what she has to say but not sure why. Most will have more important stuff going on right

The big deal is that she will re-assure a lot of people, especially the older ones. I know older people who would not believe a word out of an MP's mouth. Yet if the queen speaks, they will listen.

You might not have any interest in what she has to say but I reckon a lot of people will. There is not one negative attached to her making a public address. If all she says is make sure we stay in doors and it saves just one life, then it is worth doing.

People might not like the royal family as an institution or maybe not like certain members of the family, but there is a lot of respect and admiration for the queen, not only in her role as the monarch, but as a person as well.

If she wants to address the nation then good for her. There is absolutely no harm that can come of it.

What I don’t get is why it always says, “died after testing positive for covid19”

will it say on a death certificate
Cause of death was testing positive for covid 19.
I remember when my mum died in hospital after a stroke took her there and unfortunately she contracted MRSA in that hospital.
She died there and the death note simply said a stroke with no reference to the MRSA. Nothing I had to say would change their mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.