Slave trade.

shilly8903

Came across this peice in the guardian very sad but also interesting read. Crazy how just not so long ago a whole race were treating so appalling. Also an important part of the article points out that the debt we got in to compansate people who used slaves when it was abolished, has literally only just been paid off in 2015, which is a kick in dick. Long read but I found
https://www.theguardian.com/news/20...ritain-face-up-to-its-crimes-against-humanity
Ha ha I totally forgot to put the link on

Last edited:
The rich benefitted from the slave trade and are still benefitting from it even now in the middle east and Africa etc. The general population of Britain were no more than serfs ourselves, the richest country on the planet kept its own people in squalour and filth, transports to the colonies and indentured servitude.
I'm all for taking some of the wealth off the rich who benefitted from the slave trade, if they have any left that is and if they can pinpoint that they directly helped in the trade by using labour from stolen people.

The rich benefitted from the slave trade and are still benefitting from it even now in the middle east and Africa etc. The general population of Britain were ne more than serfs ourselves, the richest country on the planet kept its own people in squalour and filth, transports to the colonies and indentured servitude.
I'm all for taking some of the wealth off the rich who benefitted from the slave trade, if they have any left that is and if they can pinpoint that they directly helped in the trade by using labour from stolen people.
The ordinary people in this country worked 14 hour days - 6 days a week. So they/we don't owe anybody fuck all. Otherwise how far back do you go.
Should the Romans be compensating us and the rest of Western Europe for enslavement and taxation 2000 years ago.
Laughable when you think about it.

Last edited:
The ordinary people in this country worked 14 hour days - 6 days a week. So they/we don't owe anybody fuck all. Otherwise how far back do you go.
Should the Romans be compensating us and the rest of Western Europe for enslavement and taxation 2000 years ago.
Laughable when you think about it.
Exactly. What have the Romans ever done for us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.