Fraud at work.

When I worked for the RAC the girl on reception was shagging one of the supervisors. Not sure why as he was a fat idiot and her husband was a professional footballer with Leeds utd. Anyway, she used to collect the renewal premiums and a lot of this went missing. She admitted to "loaning" it to pay for her and her boyfriend to have a room at a hotel at Teeside airport. She was sacked.
3 months later I walked into a travel agents to get some dollars and lo and behold there she was working in the currency exchange. Walked out and went to the next shop.

And laughing about how they got that cocky young lad @Trevor Morley's Tache fired for being a grass.
I was laughing for weeks about how somebody had nicked the distributor cap and HT leads from her BMW 730i whilst it was parked outside work.

It genuinely wasn't me, but she did try and blame me. I got a knock at the door from the local constabulary asking my whereabouts on the day in question, and luckily I had a letter for a job interview and train tickets to corroborate my story.

Not a company I’ve worked for and a very recent situation...

A large multinational business I know well employed a lady for their accounts dept in their London office. She was extremely well liked and competent at the job and quickly, over the course of a year, became indispensable to the business. Late last year she decided to leave suddenly, no one knew why or was any the wiser. A few weeks later, they found out that some cash transfers from one of the companies subsidiaries had gone missing, turns out she was changing the account numbers of the bank accounts the transfers were being made to, funds were then subsequently cleared from those accounts in what was described as a very well organised, professional operation. Same bank, similar A/C numbers.
Turns out it was an African organised crime gang and they had got away with about 300k on this occasion. Siphoning off small amounts over several months.

A pretend Jew got arrested at the bank I worked for once. He put a cheque in to his account for £50,000 and wrote one to someone else for £48,000. He wore a skull cap but seemed to know little about his faith. Very, very strange.

What's interesting about TMT's story is that it's the whistleblower who gets punished. The outsider. Maybe there were more people in on the scam than you even knew about, @Trevor Morley's Tache
This may seem like a laughable comparison, given the sums involved, but it reminded me of that fine film, Serpico. The new boy rocks the boat, everyone hates him for it.

A pretend Jew got arrested at the bank I worked for once. He put a cheque in to his account for £50,000 and wrote one to someone else for £48,000. He wore a skull cap but seemed to know little about his faith. Very, very strange.

My largest ever account gave me a cheque for around £250k which was five weeks of invoices
I presented the cheque at a small branch of Nat West along with a paying in slip, and the look on the cashier's face will live with me forever
Every paid employee at this branch inspected the cheque to make sure it wasn't counterfeit

For a few years i managed to make a very good living off fraud.
I worked as cover for a couple of shoe repair firms and would go in when someone running a shop was off work. I knew what the takings where, and after running the shops for a couple of weeks i knew what they could/should be. Sometimes the lads running the shops just robbed the till and others it was a case of not being arsed and turning work away. Mainly though it was theiving.
When, further down the line, i was asked to run one of these shops full time i would come up with a bonus scheme based on takings. Obviously the owners would wince at my outrageous proposition but usually, after thinking i would never hit the targets, they agreed.

As an aside, i recall going back to a shop after taking the afternoon off to see Trevor Sinclair smash united. I was well pissed and two hours late but picked up £500 bonus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.