Stephen Ireland
Pjanic
Paulo Sousa
Stan Petrov
Ray Houghton
Glen Whelan (massively underrated)
Andy Townsend
Kevin Sheedy
Jao Mouthinho (saw him at the europa league final in Dublin 2011, Porto v Braga, Otamendi and Fernando lifted the cup that night too).

I think that’s most of them through the years. But thinking back I’ve seen some good football, most of those have been against Ireland. There’s probably a few more.

***I’ve not seen KDB in the flesh yet
In that order ?

Since everyone is in a state of panic (rightly so) and locked inside, share your thoughts on the best 5 midfielders you have watched play.

For me the list is
1. Xavi
2. Silva
3. Iniesta
4. Ballack
5. De Bruyne

Let’s hear from the blues.

Stay safe!!
Players I've actually seen and leaving aside David Silva, Colin Bell and Yaya Toure from us and George Best (who could have played anywhere, apart from in goal, and been the best in the world at his peak) from the Red Filth..

1 John ('The Ghost') White (Spurs) 2 'Slim' Jim Baxter (Sunderland/Forest) 3 Bobby Charlton (Red Filth) 4 Zidane (Real) 5 Donadoni (AC Milan)

And if I can also mention one guy from student days who I used to love to watch when I got the chance whenever I wasn't playing myself, Geoff Vowden (Birmingham City).. he switched between attack and attacking-midfield and was a beautiful player.. often wondered if a top club had taken a punt on him, whether he'd have developed into a really top performer..

Duncan Edwards. R.I.P.
Only saw him once so it's a daft sentimental choice really.
From those I watched and understood, Yaya, Silva, Zola, Bell.
And there was Albert, brilliant lad from Hungary at Goodison in the 1066 World Cup.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.