Scariest away day following City

Fordyboy46

Just name one, as I'm sure some on here have encountered no end throughout the years. I know this thread has been done before but it's just something to chat about through this boredom.

I was too young to have seen City in the 70's and worst part of the 80's, but my worst was at Leeds 88-89 season. Me and my neighbour decided to go on the train direct from Chesterfield, we were only sixteen at the time both of us were pretty apprehensive about the journey but we went ahead with it. It was a nice day so we both had jumpers on and I wore a City shirt underneath, the train stops at Wakefield and loads of Leeds fans pile on, some absolute nutcases. Some were looking at us, we were trying to avoid eye contact at all costs. My collar was sticking out from my jumper and one of them spotted it, him and his mates started chanting " you shouldn't be on here" and to be quite honest we were really scared, like timid lambs. They didn't smack us or anything, but we felt intimidated.

During the game was ok, but after they layed on coaches for City fans to take back to the station. We boarded and within five minutes windows started getting put through and some City fans were trying to pull seats out to chuck at Leeds who were lobbing stuff through. A strange day that wasn't to be repeated again.

Birmingham a midweek game in the early 90s. Trying to make our way back to the Bullring for our schedule train . Kicking off everywhere .

I remember my dad taking me and my mate meggo to port vale when we were about 8 .
Bloody hell that was an eye opener

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.