Player Pay Cuts during Crisis

I know a guy who is a bank manager in leafy Cheshire and many high profile footballers have had accounts that he looks after, while he has always been extremely secretive he has said numerous times that you would not believe the financial mess some of the players can get themselves into.

I have no doubt that there will be a lot of players who would have real issues accepting a cut of this nature even though the figures they earn are mid boggling.

I know a guy who is a bank manager in leafy Cheshire and many high profile footballers have had accounts that he looks after, while he has always been extremely secretive he has said numerous times that you would not believe the financial mess some of the players can get themselves into.

I have no doubt that there will be a lot of players who would have real issues accepting a cut of this nature even though the figures they earn are mid boggling.

I'm sure thats true, changes nothing for me. I have 2 ex-pro's (1 international) in my extended family. Both paid millions during their careers. Pissed away most of it on booze, horses, cars, breast opps for a succession of wives, divorces... its amazing how much of a fuckwit a typical footballer is.

Pro footballers, just like you and me, are workers. They're not 'role models' or 'ambassadors' or paid by the state.
Yes they get eye-wateringly obscene wages and yes, they could probaby afford to take a temporary wage cut. But demanding they take one is wrong.
Completely agree.The world seems to be full of people suggesting that everybody else should take a pay cut.
How much has the Dutchy of Lancaster or Cornwall tossed into the pot.
The rich who play the stockmarkets are going to be the big winners at the end of the day,what has been their contribution?
Don`t hold your breath.

I'm sure thats true, changes nothing for me. I have 2 ex-pro's (1 international) in my extended family. Both paid millions during their careers. Pissed away most of it on booze, horses, cars, breast opps for a succession of wives, divorces... its amazing how much of a fuckwit a typical footballer is.

I remember he told me that one player had spent over £200k in jewelry in a 3 month period and within 12 months he had given it all away to friends. He would also regularly take large groups of friends to top clubs and think nothing of paying a £20k tab at the end of the night.

I can't imagine how it must feel to be in a financial mess and knowing i had done things like this in my past.

Completely agree.The world seems to be full of people suggesting that everybody else should take a pay cut.
How much has the Dutchy of Lancaster or Cornwall tossed into the pot.
The rich who play the stockmarkets are going to be the big winners at the end of the day,what has been their contribution?
Don`t hold your breath.

Lets be clear about this... WE are all taking a pay cut, now or in the aftermath of this.

Your 2nd point is a valid one, lets hope a windfall tax sorts those fuckers out.

Premier League clubs will try and thrash out a pay cut agreement with their captains on Saturday. Clubs are planning to ask players to defer wages up to a maximum of three months - and then take a pay cut if football has not resumed by the end of June. [
@MirrorFootball
]

Premier League clubs will try and thrash out a pay cut agreement with their captains on Saturday. Clubs are planning to ask players to defer wages up to a maximum of three months - and then take a pay cut if football has not resumed by the end of June. [
@MirrorFootball
]

That is frankly quite a pathetic PR 'gesture'. Deferred wages will still force clubs to use the furlough scheme, because they will know that money sits as a future liability.

Piss poor, exactly what I'd expect. Its got PFA written all over it. They think we are all morons.

Last edited:
I hope our players are gonna take cuts because it’s the right thing to do . Why should people starve and live on fuck all when a footballers get hundreds of thousands a week for not kicking a ball . Some people put them up on a pedestal like they are gods but to me they are regular people and should be treat like all of us . Even in Hungary people are having wages reduced . It’s a disgrace that most players are being forced to take a cut anyway .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.