COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the most obvious limit to number of deaths?

Winning the race of ventulator bed capacity vs critical cases,
or simply how have we been prepared for this pandemic in hardware and staff,
also how early did we avoid person to person density (smear infection appears to be negligable).

What effect do the various measures taken in different countries have on R0?

None, it's virus specific (if we have only 1 corona strain mainly, or different strains are similar in R0).
Effects can show in Rt, that's what we hope for and begin to see, and certainly will.

We are learning infection details right now and ongoing and will be able to adapt our behaviour,
well at least we should...

3 days,i think 2-21 days is the range,sounds like you were just outside that?
Yes I think so the average is about 5 or so days I think. Have been locked in with the missus for10 days now but like I think I told you we don't live in a particularly big place and it's eerily quiet apart from 8pm on thursdays

QE11 is coming on the box on Sunday just prior to Antiques Roadshow btw to tell us due to the lockdown and not going out much, she will be transferring her £100M + sovereign grant to the NHS for the mutha of all Xmas parties before telling the nation she will be opening the grounds of Balmoral and Sandringham for free camping for all.
Are we allowed to take a picnic?

QE11 is coming on the box on Sunday just prior to Antiques Roadshow btw to tell us due to the lockdown and not going out much, she will be transferring her £100M + sovereign grant to the NHS for the mutha of all Xmas parties before telling the nation she will be opening the grounds of Balmoral and Sandringham for free camping for all.

This isn't the politics sub-forum. I'd suggest posting this shite in there or, better still, don't bother at all.

The UK's first death from coronavirus happened almost one week earlier than previously thought, newly released data has revealed.

Crucial details unveiled by NHS England for the first time indicate the earliest fatality of someone who had tested positive for COVID-19 was 28 February, nearly seven days before a death was announced.

This was among other inconsistencies now uncovered in official coronavirus figures previously published by UK-wide authorities

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...arlier-than-thought-nhs-data-reveals-11967999

I assume that was in reply to my comment?

Let's see as at a certain point a virus has nowhere to go. The key part is 'a manageable' level as it won't completely disappear until everyone has had it or there is a vaccine.

this virus is going to have a repeated wave with each peak slightly lower than the last over a couple of years.

this virus is going to have a repeated wave with each peak slightly lower than the last over a couple of years.

I hope & believe you are totally wrong as if that will be the outcome then we'll all be grubbing for potatoes in the countryside to survive.

A more balanced view is that it will be contained until an effective vaccine is rolled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.