How to manage pubs opening again.

There is a copper in Stoke whose entire working day at the moment is dealing with intel on pubs that are staying open. There’s a few boozers in Birmingham at it too, but in the more challenging areas of the city.

I don’t think the penalties on the new legislation (unlimited fine) are sufficient. Prosecuting under common law offence of public nuisance (maximum sentence, life imprisonment) has been suggested in some quarters, but I’m not convinced of its efficacy. It’s a pretty arcane offence and relatively recent case law holds against deploying it if other offences can be charged.

As to the OP, pubs won’t be the last to be subject to relaxation, that will be events and clubs for 500+ imo, but I reckon it will be July before they can re-open at the earliest.

It’s going to be a very different landscape at the other end. The sector will never be the same again.
I was saying to a friend of mine the other day, I can see up to 50% never reopening, but you’ll know better than me.

I think it depends what the antibody testing shows in terms of percentage of people who have already had it. Saw in some Asian countries that a QR code shows their status and determines their freedom to move around.

Hopefully many have had it asymptomatically and the exit phase will be relatively quick, I have my doubts though.

Agree with others that restaurants will open sooner as easier to maintain social distancing, instead of queueing at the supermarket we’ll be queueing for the toilet though.

If you think you've had it. 100quid to test and a certificate. No one in pubs without a certificate. All money to a virus fund. If there is a vaccination same applies. Oaps free.

I shall spend the first week after the restrictions are lifted trying to retrospectively fill the depleted coffers of all pubs within a 10 mile radius ....
I just wanna do my bit.....

I went on a stag do with the landlord of the pub on my road last year. I’ve already booked a table Friday, Saturday and Sunday for his first weekend open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.