Scariest away day following City

75/76 season possibly? 2-2 draw, Dave Watson headed a late equaliser, similar coach parking arrangements and a group of their nutters turned up and started chucking bottles etc and then chased a group of us waiting near the coaches (ours was locked for some reason). That was definitely scary for a bit until a van load of cops arrived.

Another notable away was the 4-1 loss to Forest in the Cup in '74, no real segregation and it kicked off all over the place before during and after the game.

Otherwise any visit to Leeds in the 70s plus Boro now and then and that Newcastle cup tie in '77. Those Millwall games in the late 80s/early 90s were fine for me as I just parked up in that dirt car park more or less behind the away end, easy getaway afterwards. Trips to West Ham and Chelsea were no picnics either, had a few coach windows put through at both grounds. On Merseyside Goodison always seemed worse than Anfield for trouble in those days.

Yes deffo the 2-2 game
I ran into a little housing estate where a old lady let me in..
I was only 14 they attacked anyone

Millwall at Cold Blow Lane, what a name, just kept my mouth shut the whole evening from Victoria onwards.

Chelsea night match in 1984, took the missus to her first football match a couple of weeks after we'd met. Sat in the posh seats for safety but still got threatened by a neanderthal. Missus saved me with her American accent.

Only time i ever got a kicking was watching Swinton R.L. at Featherstpne in 1962 or thereabouts, truly the land that time forgot.

Told this tale before on here - Last time I went to Shrewsbury we got turned over 2-0 and I nearly got murdered in our end behind the goal by the biggest blue I have ever seen in my life. Somebody kicked my ankles and I elbowed a retaliation behind my back. It went in about a foot and I turned round to see this huge mound doubled up on the terrace, When it stood up all twisted with rage to a full seven feet it spluttered : "Why did you do that?" . I didn't know what to say except "sorry, I thought you were someone else". He gave a huge roar and I thought a pre-emptive strike was in order so I jumped towards him to deliver a blow but was immeditely assailed from each side by a forest of fists and boots. My over-educated companions slithered away in a most cowardly fashion and I was left in the centre of a ring of ugly fellow blues, led by the hulk, and bent on extreme violence. Then the Almighty intervened and the ref blew the whistle for kick off and I made my escape under he crash bars.

Cardiff away when we lost to a Nathan Blake goal.

I have been everywhere and never seen anything like that in my life.

Before, during and after.

Fucking maniacs.

Blackpool in The Manchester pub was also a real eye opener for a kid!

yeah Cardiff was ruff. I still remember a city fan trying to open the gate onto the pitch and the coppers just managing to get it shut before hundreds of blues got on there at the end. Before during and after was mad as you say!! Think it was Swales last match before agreeing to sell...

Anyone at the derby when the scum went down ? Must admit at 14 I cudnt get away quick enough after the game finished but laughing all the way !

me. I went with a Rag mate. We went in the Stretford End paddock. I refused his offer of blending in by borrowing his Rag scarf and when Denis scored and I jumped up he booted me in the thigh. fair do's really.

Stoke away when we both went down.

Cardiff away in the cup.

One game I do remember and it wasn’t a city game, was Exeter v Villa in the fa cup (mate of ours was playing for Exeter), so we went to Yeovil for the weekend, to meet some lads we’d seen on holiday. We travelled to Exeter to meet our mate at the final whistle, my fucking god what a mistake, it was like a war zone, but thankfully we got through it unscathed. When we eventually got to the ground to meet our mate, we were starting to get confronted by some seething Exeter fans, but luckily our mate came out with Peter Fox, so as soon as we shouted him, the Exeter lot just let us through.

Leeds away when Bobby Mimms made his debut. Went down with Donald on the train, remember a copper wishing us good luck before we left the station.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.