COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed in Lidl today that they've got disposable BBQs at the ready. The temptation will be too great for some but I'm quitely confident that the overwhelming majority will refrain.
We've too much invested in this now to take a backward step.

Been surprised how good majority have been with this lockdown so far.

was expecting to see mass gangs and riots etc. But overall it’s been pretty civilised.

I think had the government just shut everything in one go and not step by step less would have listened - so that approach I think they’ve got right.

Sunday will be a test though - really hope not many family gatherings/bbq parties.

Very good to hear we are paying more than any country into research - maybe we owe because we fucked up but either way if what Hancock said is true then fair play

Maybe you explain why you didn’t and it’ll reveal why I don’t.

Because I don’t believe they are a solely “private” company like they say they are (no company from China is in my experience) and I thought the entire process was flawed by our government.

I don’t get what that has to do with this though, that existed before and will do afterwards. I get why we’re doing it to an extent but the reasons for it being wrong haven’t changed. I can see an emotive argument now against it, but I can think of emotive arguments against virtually anything and I’d never base a decision solely on it.

Because I don’t believe they are a solely “private” company like they say they are (no company from China is in my experience) and I thought the entire process was flawed by our government.

I don’t get what that has to do with this though, that existed before and will do afterwards. I get why we’re doing it to an extent but the reasons for it being wrong haven’t changed. I can see an emotive argument now against it, but I can think of emotive arguments against virtually anything and I’d never base a decision solely on it.

I agree entirely with your first paragraph and I also believe this entire situation proves the CCP less trustworthy and therefore your point, in which I agree, is now made ever stronger.

The point about emotion, well we’re human and therefore emotion will always play a part and I’m fucking angry.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/countries-where-coronavirus-has-spread/
If someone can double check these figures. UK death rate extremely high compared to other countries, why?
There are a lot more people who have had it than those who have tested positive.
The UK only tests people who need medical intervention (and only recently NHS staff). It will come out in the wash as to what the true figures are when/if we get the antibody test rolled out.

Last edited:
Very good to hear we are paying more than any country into research - maybe we owe because we fucked up but either way if what Hancock said is true then fair play

Tell me who we fucked up more than?

Our lines are similar to everyone, in increased cases and deaths.

The only cunts who owe are China.

Lunacy if we press ahead.

We need to stick with the US now.

Do we? We are basically deciding who we sell out secrets to

The UK economy is fucked as is the US, they will not be doing us any favors(MAGA and all that). We need to be ready when the rubber hits the road and if China and 5G is the way to go then lets go, particularly as we will not have the strength of the EU behind us if we need to pick sides

But maybe for another thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.