Player Pay Cuts during Crisis

That is frankly quite a pathetic PR 'gesture'. Deferred wages will still force clubs to use the furlough scheme, because they will know that money sits as a future liability.

Piss poor, exactly what I'd expect. Its got PFA written all over it. They think we are all morons.
Dragged kicking & screaming

To be fair I think this is the correct course of action, I'm not advocating clubs forcing this onto the players. I do think the players collectively should be looking at the morality of taking their wages during the crisis. It has to be their decision.

I'd like to think if I was a multimillionaire footballer I'd be unfortable carrying on taking too the cash.
Problem is mate it’s he majority of players and this could a lot of our lot aswell are greedy fuckers who don’t really give 2 fucks about the fans. The country is in turmoil with people losing there jobs yet we still pay these people top money to not even kick a ball . Sorry but this is wrong and how anyone who can stick up for these greedy people is beyond me

All players in the prem need to take a wage cut and let all staff be paid. Failing that to get 150,000 a week, whilst doing nothing is wrong.they don’t need it, so donate 25% of it and help others in need.

The premier league and the players, I don’t think realise how bad this is making them look. Serious pr damage. Millions of people are now seeing how greedy and money obsessed the top league is
Spot on fella

Premier League clubs will try and thrash out a pay cut agreement with their captains on Saturday. Clubs are planning to ask players to defer wages up to a maximum of three months - and then take a pay cut if football has not resumed by the end of June. [
@MirrorFootball
]

Read this on the BBC and they have 2 HYS on it as they push their agenda, The HYS is full of moron football hating plebs that can not work out that if you pay someone less they pay taxes less, if a footballer pays his wages to his home town for the duration he would be my hero regardless of who he plays for.
this is just some multi billionaires not wanting to pay their staff, and it has the backing of the Health minister

Has anyone worked out how much this is going to cost the Exchequer?
Have they bollocks. For every £100000 a week footballer the exchequer loses £700000 a year. If we assume 20 players at each PL club are earning that, that’s £280,000,000.
Unlike Richard ‘bail me out’ Branson, who could take a 100% pay cut and would still pay fuck all to the exchequer....

Problem is mate it’s he majority of players and this could a lot of our lot aswell are greedy fuckers who don’t really give 2 fucks about the fans. The country is in turmoil with people losing there jobs yet we still pay these people top money to not even kick a ball . Sorry but this is wrong and how anyone who can stick up for these greedy people is beyond me
Why don't you wait and see,in the mean time they sending money home to help out

Has anyone asked the millionare pundits to take a cut? Football has more of a lot of rich players,the pundits,the rich MOTD pundisthan ,managers,those at the top of football,plenty to do it if they all do it

Has anyone asked the millionare pundits to take a cut? Football has more of a lot of rich players,the pundits,the rich MOTD pundisthan ,managers,those at the top of football,plenty to do it if they all do it

Everyone that can do it, should do it, all the ones you listed and more. this is where we find out what these people are really made of.

Gary Lineker donated 2 months of his salary to the British Red Cross.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.