Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never be happy having a player that wasn't committed.
I don't doubt his talent, but for me once somebody's head has been turned, let them go.

I don't doubt his talent, but for me once somebody's head has been turned, let them go.

Yep, that's about where I'm at with the guy. He had great promise but he's blown hot & cold and not developed any level of dependability.
He's been very favourable to Bayern's courting and he's not shown any particular passion for City (which is, of course, his prerogative) so we shouldn't be getting too passionate about him.

Player salaries might well fall sharply, as football club finances are battered by this current crisis, so I'd drop our salary offer by 50% and tell him to see if Bayern will still pay him whatever sum they've been whispering in his ear to turn his head so far.

I'd also let Bayern know that we've dropped our offer so that he can't play us off against them.

Yep, that's about where I'm at with the guy. He had great promise but he's blown hot & cold and not developed any level of dependability.
He's been very favourable to Bayern's courting and he's not shown any particular passion for City (which is, of course, his prerogative) so we shouldn't be getting too passionate about him.

Player salaries might well fall sharply, as football club finances are battered by this current crisis, so I'd drop our salary offer by 50% and tell him to see if Bayern will still pay him whatever sum they've been whispering in his ear to turn his head so far.

I'd also let Bayern know that we've dropped our offer so that he can't play us off against them.

I should add that I could warm to him if he ever started talking the talk and walking the walk but, for now, that's where I'm at.

Yep agree, great player though, when you watch videos of last season he scored some great and important goals and setup quite a few too, has to be committed though

If I was him I would be getting my signature on any contract still on the table.

The days of mega football contracts has gone, things will be very different for players in the next few years.

I can see it now. Sane signs with a press release stating he was always going to sign, and sees his long term future at City.
Not sure i would believe it though.
To be fair, i don't think he cares where he plays. I think his family were pressing him for the move.
If he does stay, he will get the same support i give all our current players.

I can see it now. Sane signs with a press release stating he was always going to sign, and sees his long term future at City.
Not sure i would believe it though.
To be fair, i don't think he cares where he plays. I think his family were pressing him for the move.
If he does stay, he will get the same support i give all our current players.
Agreed but it's got to the stage that I don't care, his attitude is very telling and I am not sure I want that type of player at our club, however good he is.

Reactions: nmc
If I was him I would be getting my signature on any contract still on the table.

The days of mega football contracts has gone, things will be very different for players in the next few years.
Regardless of whether its now or in a years time, he will be signing a huge contract with someone worth 200k a week or more.

I think he is committed to a point, but he'll be getting so much advice/interference that he won't know what to believe or do.
You only have to watch the Sunderland documentary to realise what a player wants and what an agent wants are often two different things.
Josh Maja had worked his way through the Sunderland academy system but moved to Bordeaux. Basically because of his agent!

I can see the draw of playing for Bayern for Sane, because it's the dream of most German players I would guess.
But he's currently playing for a club that has huge ambition, a team that has to prove itself every week, a team where doing enough isn't good enough.
The only way to get the best out of himself is to play for someone where he will be challenged week in week out.
To get in our team is a challenge. Ask Bernardo, ask Mahrez, Cancelo et al.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.