COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
My feeling is that some of the deaths are due to happen that day, some are due to happen soon and some are due to happen in the near future and others years away.
CV simply accelerates the death of some whilst those with years to go recover.

By accelerating the deaths though that's actually the virus killing them isn't it? The Swedes look like they are massaging the numbers and being economical with the truth.

Something will have to be done to stabilise the national debt for all these countries.
It’s already stable. There’s no fear the debt repayments can’t be met.

If you earn £100,000 per year, you don’t worry about borrowing £360k on a mortgage so long as you can meet the payments. There’s zero fear that the U.K. will default (which was your suggestion).

The Swedes have got the right idea imo.

Lockdown will have an indescribable impact on our economy, our children's education and development and a huge impact on millions of people's mental health.

Theres no way lockdown will last imo.

I'd be very surprised if the lockdown doesn't last at least another 5/8 weeks. Be no point doing it if we don't now let it run it's course. The deaths are about to absolutely rocket and we still won't get to corona pub Friday for another week or so yet.

The Swedes have got the right idea imo.

Lockdown will have an indescribable impact on our economy, our children's education and development and a huge impact on millions of people's mental health.

Theres no way lockdown will last imo.
The Swedes will stick to social distancing guidence. The dweebs in our country won't.

Not nice hearing things like "they would have died anyway" always sounds quite crass.
It’s also bollocks for the majority.

This from my mate this morning whose wife is an anaesthetist:

“Nat just left a guy who won’t make it through the day, him and his wife were self isolating and the daughter who had symptoms took her child to see them, both her mum and dad are dying now from it, the mums at home can’t be with her husband whilst he dies, and is on the verge of coming in to be intubated herself”

Not sure why people are still playing shit like this down. Sweden are going a different way, they’re taking a risk, only time will tell if they were right but I’m glad our government isn’t taking that risk. We’ve seen in Spain and Italy what happens when the health service is swamped. You don’t just get CV19 deaths, you also see a spike in non CV deaths.

Not nice hearing things like "they would have died anyway" always sounds quite crass.

It's a ridiculous thing to say. If someone had a form of cancer and were getting treated they may have lived another 3 years or more, same with things like COPD. If they suddenly die now from Corona you can't say well, they would have died at some point due to XYZ anyway. They've died from Corona.

I'd be very surprised if the lockdown doesn't last at least another 5/8 weeks. Be no point doing it if we don't now let it run it's course. The deaths are about to absolutely rocket and we still won't get to corona pub Friday for another week or so yet.

Agreed. They will give it another few weeks then fuck it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.