Does Your Vacuum Suck

Had a message this morning from Mr Wan and he is trying to alarm harass and distress us with wearing down tactics.

Mr Wan.
Thanks for your mail.
we checked that you ordered item on xx xx xx
It has been more than 4 months we suggest resend a you a new collar only need you pay 5 pounds for postage and you don't need to return old one back. Is that OK?‌‌‍‌‍‍‍‌‌‍‍‍‍‍‌‌‌‌‍‌‍‍‍‍‌‍‍‌‌‌‍‍‌‌‌‌‌‌‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‌

Me
That's ok matey, but it is not a collar that we need, it is a BATTERY for the Dyson V6 . How do I pay you the £5? Can you send me a payment link please.

A man of taste.. What model though?

ive had at least 3 Dysons over the last 10 years, They work great for six months and then deteriorate fast - needing batteries etc. We’ve had a GTech for the last couple of years and fingers crossed it’s been good - though the new model has gone to using bags which I’m not keen on. Also tempted to look at the Shark models - they do dual batteries to allow for longer cleaning sessions between charging.

It may sound a little OCD but what you propose makes for a sound judgement call. Anyone with Covid-19 who has touched the surface will have cross contaminated the machines buttons. Another one to watch out for is mail deliveries so treat them as being contaminated the moment they drop through the letterbox. We both happened to see our post girl lick her fingers the other day before posting a letter to separate it from her piles so go figure. We glove up and take the letter into our bathroom for opening. The contents unless of critical importance are immediately binned along with the envelope then the surfaces of the sink are disinfected down with Zoflora. Don't forget after you return back home to spray the soles of your shoes owing to Covid-19's ability to transfer to hard floors and carpets. Seriously !

Deal is now done taking a lot of the weight off olden shoulders, but by doing our research thoroughly we know we have made the right choice. An ancient saying is to buy in haste and repent at leisure. After @gobsteruk appraisal of the machine we decided on the V10 as everything has been redesigned down to the last detail. Delivery is tomorrow and the price paid with Easter discount was £349. Here is a full machine breakdown with all of it's attributes and misgivings. An honest review placing it through stringent testing in order for the end user to make an informed choices so thank you @Spotless-Vacuums for you more than comprehensive review.

https://spotlessvacuum.co.uk/cordless-vacuum-cleaners/dyson-cyclone-v10/

So rather than pay £65 for a new battery you paid £349 for a new one? God help us saving the planet!

ive had at least 3 Dysons over the last 10 years, They work great for six months and then deteriorate fast - needing batteries etc. We’ve had a GTech for the last couple of years and fingers crossed it’s been good - though the new model has gone to using bags which I’m not keen on. Also tempted to look at the Shark models - they do dual batteries to allow for longer cleaning sessions between charging.

It's been quite the opposite experience for us with Dyson and after the Kirby left home we bought into a DC03 but could have been the 02. It never let us down apart form once and an engineer was immediately dispatched as we had a gold service plan and not only fixed it but replaced most of its parts with new. The only problem we have had with our V6 is the battery which to be fair is a consumable item. The stick cordless models have been a revolution to home cleaning and once you lose the cord you gain a little bit of your life back, free to roam around home making short thrift of the job to hand. For people with stairs it's nothing short of a godsend and great for the car and caravan. We did consider a Dyson Ball Cleaner but gave it a swerve after @Dicko69 predicament. Another possibility mentioned was the Shark or a Miele upright but again we have both been spoiled with the cordless wands and there can be no regressing back after a taste of the good life.

As mentioned above the upright Kirby was purchased back in the eighties after our 5 hour in home no pressure sales pitch. It was a thing of undulating beauty and when we both set eyes on it we knew it was the one for us. A highly polished chrome base and finished in purple. There was nothing it could not vacuum up but it's piece du resistance was that it doubled up as a carpet washer. Anyway somewhere between the 3rd or 4th hour we got down to price and without blinking he said £1750 ! A difficult situation now as he had been in our front room for that long we looked on him more as a friend and so difficult to haggle. Anyway I said "can you do better on the price" and he said he will phone his manger as he liked us both and see if he could get us mates rates. (They always say they will ring the manager and its all a part of the pitch) And so the price after many management calls reduced down to £1500 to £1299 to £1050 and his final call to management they offered us a demo model that was as new. In fact I remember him saying it had been assigned as a demo model but had not been used yet and that was £650 trade. Anyway it was getting very late and the Twilight Zone was due to come on and we never miss it so we said we will have a think about it as every good messer should and it's buy in haste repent at leisure. He fooked off out and pretended he was still our bessie mate but I have an uncanny ability to read people and I knew underneath his wry grin and facade that he was spitting feathers. After a good nights sleep we rung them back and offered £450 which was accepted and the deal was cast to stone. A machine that sucked washed and swept itself into the highest echelons of our minds eye and we even earned money from it by shampooing all the neighbors carpets. After 5 years we sold it for £350 and the phone was still ringing from out of the Loot weeks afterwards. I would say we returned a profit on the Kirby of £250 and it's only downfall was it's dreadfully shit name.

Heavy to push but the design and aesthetics were a joy to behold ... and that chrome work !

VOaiuyW.jpg

Regarding the Gtech brand we nearly both bought electric Gtech bikes from Halfords and no gears and easy to ride. But it was nearly 2 thousand pounds for the pair so we gave it a swerve. No idea why these electrics are so expensive as you can buy a nose bleed for around the same money as a good electric gear bike

Last edited:
So rather than pay £65 for a new battery you paid £349 for a new one? God help us saving the planet!

It just didn't sit right paying 25% of the original cost of the Vacuum for a battery. If you bought a car for £16,000 would you want to pay £4,000 for a battery for it? James has got his pricing all wrong on the consumables and have little penchant to pay for the upkeep of his Singapore Penthouse.

It's been quite the opposite experience for us with Dyson and after the Kirby left home we bought into a DC03 but could have been the 02. It never let us down apart form once and an engineer was immediately dispatched as we had a gold service plan and not only fixed it but replaced most of its parts with new. The only problem we have had with our V6 is the battery which to be fair is a consumable item. The stick cordless models have been a revolution to home cleaning and once you lose the cord you gain a little bit of your life back, free to roam around home making short thrift of the job to hand. For people with stairs it's nothing short of a godsend and great for the car and caravan. We did consider a Dyson Ball Cleaner but gave it a swerve after @Dicko69 predicament. Another possibility mentioned was the Shark or a Miele upright but again we have both been spoiled with the cordless wands and there can be no regressing back after a taste of the good life.

As mentioned above the upright Kirby was purchased back in the eighties after our 5 hour in home no pressure sales pitch. It was a thing of undulating beauty and when we both set eyes on it we knew it was the one for us. A highly polished chrome base and finished in purple. There was nothing it could not vacuum up but it's piece du resistance was that it doubled up as a carpet washer. Anyway somewhere between the 3rd or 4th hour we got down to price and without blinking he said £1750 ! A difficult situation now as he had been in our front room for that long we looked on him more as a friend and so difficult to haggle. Anyway I said "can you do better on the price" and he said he will phone his manger as he liked us both and see if he could get us mates rates. (They always say they will ring the manager and its all a part of the pitch) And so the price after many management calls reduced down to £1500 to £1299 to £1050 and his final call to management they offered us a demo model that was as new. In fact I remember him saying it had been assigned as a demo model but had not been used yet and that was £650 trade. Anyway it was getting very late and the Twilight Zone was due to come on and we never miss it so we said we will have a think about it as every good messer should and it's buy in haste repent at leisure. He fooked off out and pretended he was still our bessie mate but I have an uncanny ability to read people and I knew underneath his wry grin and facade that he was spitting feathers. After a good nights sleep we rung them back and offered £450 which was accepted and the deal was cast to stone. A machine that sucked washed and swept itself into the highest echelons of our minds eye and we even earned money from it by shampooing all the neighbors carpets. After 5 years we sold it for £350 and the phone was still ringing from out of the Loot weeks afterwards. I would say we returned a profit on the Kirby of £250 and it's only downfall was it's dreadfully shit name.

Heavy to push but the design and aesthetics were a joy to behold ... and that chrome work !

k9Oa3Cl.jpg

SRZ8iWj.jpg

Regarding the Gtech brand we nearly both bought electric Gtech bikes from Halfords and no gears and easy to ride. But it was nearly 2 thousand pounds for the pair so we gave it a swerve. No idea why these electrics are so expensive as you can buy a nose bleed for around the same money as a good electric gear bike

I'm OK and back at home now, thanks for the concern.
I'd steer clear of those shark hoovers tho, my mate got one and it didn't end well. Let's just say he's banned from blue planet aquarium and he has one less leg

It just didn't sit right paying 25% of the original cost of the Vacuum for a battery. If you bought a car for £16,000 would you want to pay £4,000 for a battery for it? James has got his pricing all wrong on the consumables and have little penchant to pay for the upkeep of his Singapore Penthouse.
Another black mark against his name. I now have a list. Merci mon brave.

k9Oa3Cl.jpg

SRZ8iWj.jpg

Great machines Kirbys. We've got one and it's victorian engineering, bomb proof and reliable...does chew up belts but we do use it at work in the main unit, hairs, plastic, paper...you name it.
Ironically I once worked as a Kirby salesman, trolling around Knutsford in my green Morris Minor. Only made one sale and that was more out of pity to me, it was late and he struck a deal with my manager....I got my managers commision and a sale was agreed. After 3 months of this I'd still only sold one and was £1.00 better of than if I'd signed on the dole. Happy days.

Great machines Kirbys. We've got one and it's victorian engineering, bomb proof and reliable...does chew up belts but we do use it at work in the main unit, hairs, plastic, paper...you name it.
Ironically I once worked as a Kirby salesman, trolling around Knutsford in my green Morris Minor. Only made one sale and that was more out of pity to me, it was late and he struck a deal with my manager....I got my managers commission and a sale was agreed. After 3 months of this I'd still only sold one and was £1.00 better of than if I'd signed on the dole. Happy days.

A really difficult job selling on a cold call mate and you definitely earned your keep. Anyway the V10 has just arrived and the wife is putting up it's new bracket on the wall that holds it in situ whilst charging. A brilliant engineering mind has old James because like any good engineer what he has done is thought outside of the box by putting the holes of the new bracket in the same place as the old bracket so as not to have to redrill and plug again. This is why he lives in a Penthouse in Singapore because excellent design is an ongoing evolution improving on the previous generations offerings. She has nearly fasted it now and I am looking at the instructions written in three dimensional tripe purposely penned to paper to make me feel woefully inadequate.

Last edited:
Amazing what two weeks of isolation can do to a mans mind. How the fook that Papillon fella managed in solitary confinement for all them years I will never know and he didn't even have a carpet !

Ly2Bns6.gif

sPcpgxF.jpg

FOiMhyt.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.