Clubs furloughing staff

Sky Sports just spent a full 15 seconds reporting on it (it is on the yellow banner though)
Not a bit about the club using a government scheme to pay 80% of the wages, just that the club are ensuring that the staff will be paid 100% of their salary.
They will somehow get praised for paying the 20%, that or it will be overlooked.

It was always going to be interesting to see which of the two media darlings would blink first. The rags will do this too now. Overnight this will go from outrage, Spurs, Newcastle, Bournemouth and Norwich, to ‘Even the greatest are struggling.’
We’re going to be painted as the bad guys if we end up the only club that don’t.

So much of their income have liverpool, spurs etc lost ? I was also lead to believe that match day revenues was a small part of the overall income of these big clubs. Yet it seems to be causing some 'big' huge problems

They aren't earning TV money either currently.

I did predict that more clubs would join Newcastle and Spurs. I don't think Liverpool will be the last.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.