Scariest away day following City

Norwich away and Ipswich away in the 70s,never any trouble.

Hitched it over night to Ipswich once (2 of us), must have been about 16 at the time. Anyway, outside the main entrance before the game and Bobby Robson gets out of his car and asks who's gonna win today?...me and my mate pipe up and say "City". He looked at us surprised and couldn't believe 2 young lads had come all the way from Manchester and seemed impressed. Spent a minute or so chatting with us. Always liked him after that.

I only started following us away in about ‘87 so im certain i missed most of the worst stuff, but saw some & joined in some serious shit wouldn’t say im overly proud of what i did but i also wouldn’t change a thing! some of my happiest memories as a blue were made in them mental days :)

Yeh, that was pretty bad, we were well outniumbered and the carpark was carnage. Quite a few stabbings. Few tasty offerings had with St Pauli fans at the Hamburg friendly under Keegan. I remember having to fight back to the station v Luton in the League cup away match after our coaches laid on to transfer from the station got trashed on the way in

I remember St Pauli coming into the square and getting a proper hiding. Bunch of soap dodgers bit off more than they could chew that night.

Norwich away and Ipswich away in the 70s,never any trouble.
The only trouble I had had in East Anglia was when we went to Ipswich once in the late 60s on a Maynes coach. We got there about 8 in the morning, and went playing football in a park near the ground.
After my first tackle I heard an almighty rrriippp, and found that my trousers had split from front to back!
I had to wait until the shops opened to go and buy a new pair, so carried on playing.
Not a hooligan story, just real life!

Full Members we did ok given so outnumbered.

City's mob were giving Chelsea the runaround earlier in the day, I know that because I saw it. City had a big and tasty looking mob and while Chelsea's numbers would have ultimately 'won the day' they were getting scattered before the game

City's mob were giving Chelsea the runaround earlier in the day, I know that because I saw it. City had a big and tasty looking mob and while Chelsea's numbers would have ultimately 'won the day' they were getting scattered before the game
Agreed. Chelsea were like the rags. All mouth when they had more numbers but no backbone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.