That Hamburg night in Manchester

Liverpool last year tops everything for me. It was a must win game to keep our title hopes alive and there was obviously a lot of bad blood after the coach attack. They’d basically declared themselves champions by that point as well and were unbeaten which added to the importance of it all.

Their players were booed and jeered for practically the entire 90 minutes whenever they had the ball and apart from a 5-10 minute spell after they scored the dippers were silent. It really was just a big ‘fuck you’ to them that was long overdue at that point.
Yep, and they knew it. Pivotal game and all or nothing for us and we went for 'em from the start, on and off the pitch.
Ninety minutes of thrilling football that never seemed to stop left me breathless more than once. The players were giving their all and so were we. For days after i felt like i'd had a good kicking.

I was in East Stand Level 3, was rocking up there. Every time we carried the ball forward everyone just went mad.

Tinnies were being passed around, people actually stood up. Took a mate who had never seen any sort of top flight footy and he said he didn’t realise it was this loud.
I took a mate as well who's City mad but never goes. He still thinks it's like that every weeek

I think half the crowd were attending for the first/last time in a long time and the regulars just got caught up in it.

I took my two uncles and even my mum who had not been since Maine Road and they were singing their heads off.

I think half the crowd were attending for the first/last time in a long time and the regulars just got caught up in it.

I took my two uncles and even my mum who had not been since Maine Road and they were singing their heads off.

yep. Lots of old school blues who had stopped going went that night. I kinda include myself and others I went with in that. Been a season ticket holder for years on and off, but before that game I hadn’t been really for years. Friends and my dad were the same.

my dad was a regular home and away in the 70s ,80s and early 90s, but stopped going regularly. All of us were singing our heads off.

the only game that was similar was the United semi final. I saw loads of people who had stopped going to league games

Liverpool last year tops everything for me. It was a must win game to keep our title hopes alive and there was obviously a lot of bad blood after the coach attack. They’d basically declared themselves champions by that point as well and were unbeaten which added to the importance of it all.

Their players were booed and jeered for practically the entire 90 minutes whenever they had the ball and apart from a 5-10 minute spell after they scored the dippers were silent. It really was just a big ‘fuck you’ to them that was long overdue at that point.

Brilliant atmosphere , their players shit themselves for the first 15-20 minutes , kicking the ball into touch etc., i think it would have been similar this weekend, arriving with their 25 point lead , and thinking they could beat us and just walk away with our title , not a chance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.