How would you say you are coping mentally?

I have thought being immersed and fronting it up has been the best way for me,that is what i have always done in bad times,i think this has got the better of me tonite
I'm counting on you to get me through this, always look for you're updates and want to thank you, hard to talk to my Mrs because I don't want her to see how worried I am for her and the kids during this terrible time for us all.

I'm usually a solid 8 or 9 , at the moment my head is all over the place, up one minute down the next, worry about my wife and daughter both NHS, having trouble sleeping, when I do drop off I am dreaming like mad. Think I would say I am about a 3 at the moment.

I'm counting on you to get me through this, always look for you're updates and want to thank you, hard to talk to my Mrs because I don't want her to see how worried I am for her and the kids during this terrible time for us all.
I can't help you tonite,i am a pile of snot,normal service tomorrow,always around if you want to talk x

It’s been the best way for about 40 years, so you’re well used to it by now ;-)

We lived between Gorton park and the monastery for 4 years and it was awesome (apart from the burnt out vehicles dumped next to our house). The people were sound.

A solid 1. I'm struggling with it if I'm honest. I'm a functioning alcoholic who can't wait to get back to work on Monday just so I have to stop drinking. And I will. The human mind is a strange thing isn't it. I wish I was a stronger person. Stay safe everyone x

Most of the time I am about an 8, working from home so staying in most of the time. Daughter working opposite on the other side of the table which is good fun as we work for different organisations. Wife has just retired so she is at home as well. They go out for their walks then I go for mine when I finish work. Having said all that can also be a total mess at times as I am a natural worrier, it's bad enough when watching City ( I am an expert on the concourses at the Etihad and Wembley) went to Asda last week which was ok for the most part til a young woman walked past me closer than the permitted space talking to herself, so that set me off worrying about the worst case scenario as usual. Will be happier after by next Tuesday as that is the seven day period over.
Suspect, correction, know that I am pissing them both off by being like this so trying my best to be rational. Still managing to sleep ok but am having some unusual dreams.
Sorry about the rant but it does feel therapeutic in some ways putting it down on here.

A week ago 10, now about 4.

I’ve got serious anxiety about everything that’s happened and I’m concerned for the future.

This links to our conversation the other day and the Piers comparison I made.

I really hope that you and yours are ok, but fluctuating so much is the same in both you and him.

We can’t control what is happening. Criticising the government or China raises your blood pressure, but nothing much else.

The news coming in is grim. No two ways about it. It’s going to be slightly worse for the next 10 days or so. It’s inevitable as we have a virus killing people at random, seemly pendant on the strength of your immune system and lungs.

You can’t change that. You’ve already said that you are isolating as much as you can and that is all you can do really. Maybe you could take multi vits, echinacea etc.

You can’t change what you can’t control. Make sure you control what you can to the best of your ability for you and your household.

It’s an interesting time and probably the time where we all see our character flaws as they are magnified. The people that need to dominate people at work will be struggling. The people that need to work are struggling. Extroverts are struggling. Relationships are struggling.

My coping number is 10.

My worry number is about 3.

We have to cope. I’m being as normal as possible with my wife and grandma. They don’t need my worry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.