How would you say you are coping mentally?

a range between 6 - 8 depending mainly on what i read or hear on TV. I feel very sad for those that have lost loved ones before their time and am anxious for those I love and am missing seeing them 'live' (rather than on facetime). On the positive side I am enjoying reading, tying flies, watching some boxsets, listening to music and gardening. Missing fishing a great deal though, it is so therapeutic and would be a fantastic remedy for the anxieties. Trying not to drink more as that would be a depressive in itself.

I took on a new, bigger allotment last year that needed quite a bit of work. That has undoubtedly helped me to stay sane too.

It’s ideal: outdoor environment, physical exercise, mental stimulation, safely social, easy to maintain a safe distance - all with a useful end product.

Just hoping the stupidity of some doesn’t cause a disproportionate backlash from the government.

A solid 8/10 for me.

It is a great stress reliever. Before the shut down you would shout across to the next plot as conversation so nothing has changed. I have just been complimented on how nice my spring onions are which gives you the impetus to get back out and plant more. I just hope, like you touch on, idiots don't force the government to do an Italy style stay indoors. I would be a mess then.

I think like a lot of people the answer to this depends on when you are asked. For most of this week I've actually felt pretty good, not positive as such but certainly comfortable with what I was doing and how things were. But on Wednesday out of nowhere I felt awful all day, I really struggled and in the end took to my bed for an hour in the afternoon and had a sleep. So I think to answer the question myself its anywhere between a 3 and an 8!

I work for a well known pharmacy and the last few weeks have been some of the busiest I can remember, which in a way has been good as it’s meant I haven’t had that much time to just stop and think. I do think there’s a lot to be said for people limiting contact with the news and some areas of social media.

This links to our conversation the other day and the Piers comparison I made.

I really hope that you and yours are ok, but fluctuating so much is the same in both you and him.

We can’t control what is happening. Criticising the government or China raises your blood pressure, but nothing much else.

The news coming in is grim. No two ways about it. It’s going to be slightly worse for the next 10 days or so. It’s inevitable as we have a virus killing people at random, seemly pendant on the strength of your immune system and lungs.

You can’t change that. You’ve already said that you are isolating as much as you can and that is all you can do really. Maybe you could take multi vits, echinacea etc.

You can’t change what you can’t control. Make sure you control what you can to the best of your ability for you and your household.

It’s an interesting time and probably the time where we all see our character flaws as they are magnified. The people that need to dominate people at work will be struggling. The people that need to work are struggling. Extroverts are struggling. Relationships are struggling.

My coping number is 10.

My worry number is about 3.

We have to cope. I’m being as normal as possible with my wife and grandma. They don’t need my worry.

I still disagree with the Piers Morgan comparison. Mostly because I very much dislike him.

I am still incredibly shocked and annoyed at the Communist Party and believe that their cover up of their own citizens’ deaths is disgusting.

Morgan is purposefully outraged as that’s how he earns his money and attention. I’ve never manufactured it and never will, I’m too honest as a person to do so.

Some of my arguments on here can be exacerbated by alcohol but they’re really what I believe and my feelings towards the CCP is not driven by my worry, which I do have a lot of worry.

On the other hand my feelings towards these wet markets and Chinese custom, when it comes to these weird foods, when you compare to elsewhere, probably is born out of frustration and anger at what’s happened. It didn’t help on Friday a video of a dog skinned alive and purposefully left to suffer before they put it out of its misery, went viral.

I just keep telling myself I’m lucky to be able to carry on working and earning both 100% of my basic and I still have the chance to earn commission. So far only friends of mine, at a healthy age, have caught it and they are doing okay.

I think if I was furloughed things could possibly get worse as I’ll have little to take my mind off it.

Chin up, mate :-)

Like me, you’ve been very active on the main CV thread and no doubt got pissed off with one or two know-it-alls. I’ve given it a break for a few days, maybe longer. (Just like I did last year on the Brexit one, where largely the same cynics dominated.)

Maybe worth a try? And defo stay off the political thread.

If all else fails, console yourself with the thought that you’re not a dipper!

Your last line is definitely worth considering:-)

Week one and two OK quite upbeat
Week three getting concerned bored and cleaning disinfecting shopping bags post food packaging.
Now into week four and been told another three weeks lockdown I will be ready for the fukin nuthouse

He as a proper scrooge with portions, from what i heard he owned most of the row of shops where the chippy was.As a kid till now it was the only chippy i'd seen where some people brought there own plates in.
Toms chippy I went in 60s and 70s then moved away, always thought the little women was his wife not his mother.Lived over road in Turner street.

On average 5

I shudder when I read the words 'self isolate'

Can't they put a more positive spin on it ........'lifesavers' for example.
Even as someone who suffered for many years with depression, I am someone who is very independent, lives alone, enjoys proper time alone, is a good philosophical self-thinker, good at working things out well in my own mind, and gets a bit fed up of people when with them for too long; “self isolation” sounded great and is great so far.

It’s only been two weeks, which is not long at all, and it could be ten times this length of time before things get back to normal, but I’ve not felt lonely/bored/scared/phased by the virus it’s threat or the deaths from it once yet.

This is a horrible situation for all it directly affects (by that I mean you or your family/friends getting ill, or worse, with it; or your financial situation because of it, is going to change your life). If you are just sitting at home not being ill and being paid at least 80% of your salary means you aren’t being directly affected, you’re just helping out the country.

If that’s you, this is just a test of patience and mentality. This is good life training. We’ll all be better people as a result if we come through the other side having done things correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.