Stupid little things that bug you

The Bet Victor radio adverts with Harry Redknapp where he shouts ‘Sarnd’ for something at the end.
The full Harry Redknapp love in since he told a few anecdotes in Australia. Let’s all pretend he isn’t a shyster with a nasty side and give him his own series.

I’m watching a lot of documentaries while I’m locked down. There’s a common trend I’m noticing in seemingly every documentary that is starting to get on my nerves...

It could be a segment about a skeleton or a building or a machine or a volcano; however, we spend more time looking at shots of the presenter walking up some steps or through a random field or shots of a random street with random people walking about that have nowt to do with the subject of the documentary.

I’m watching a lot of documentaries while I’m locked down. There’s a common trend I’m noticing in seemingly every documentary that is starting to get on my nerves...

It could be a segment about a skeleton or a building or a machine or a volcano; however, we spend more time looking at shots of the presenter walking up some steps or through a random field or shots of a random street with random people walking about that have nowt to do with the subject of the documentary.
Also: American documentaries of the kind found on the freeview channels. They must cater for a viewing audience with the lowest attention span or information retention ability possible. They are about 15 mins content and 45 mins repetition. I dont need to hear a 10 min recap of what you just told me right before the adverts!

Also: American documentaries of the kind found on the freeview channels. They must cater for a viewing audience with the lowest attention span or information retention ability possible. They are about 15 mins content and 45 mins repetition. I dont need to hear a 10 min recap of what you just told me right before the adverts!
Indeed, proper annoying! Clive Anderson’s “Mystic Britain” on The Smithsonian Channel, is a perfect example of that.

I also don’t like it when a documentary starts you off on a bit of one story, then say “we’ll return to this later in the programme”, and then they start showing us something else. What’s the point? Just go through the programme as section at a time.

Also when they needlessly add “jeopardy” to a programme. Rick Stein said it recently on one of his programmes where the producers asked if they could film it as if the fish he’d been out with fisherman to catch, was about to go off in the back seat of his car, and he had to get to the kitchen to cook it in three hours or it would have to be thrown away... he said; “no, not at all”.

There could be a documentary about a mountain, that’s going fucking nowhere, but the presenter has to catch a plane by 14:00 and he’s running late so might miss the flight and has to rush to get the the airport... who gives a shit? Just tell us about the mountain!

The voiceover lady on Masterchef. Its like she is speaking with a mixture of faux eroticism and teaching English as a foreign language. Very slow, very deliberate and very annoying.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.