City will not be furloughing staff

Fantastic news from a fantastic club . Once again city lead the way and show the premier league teams the right way to go about business

Let's be honest, every top level club should be doing this. Some idiot Liverpool fans on Twitter trying to claim a cash flow issue. The reality is though that top level football clubs are unique placed to deal with this, because they have a relatively high number of very highly paid staff for what is actually quite a small company (relatively speaking). It's a fair argument that the CEO of British Airways, for example, taking a pay cut isn't going to make much of a dent in the wage bill of thousands of staff. But when you've got a squad of 25-odd players on millions a year (and not all clubs do, of course, but Liverpool definitely do) surely your cash flow issues disappear with a simple request to your players to take a pay cut to subsidize the wages of the other staff. When you add up the wages of all of the other staff at the club, And almost all players I'm sure would be happy to do this as they have at Juventus and elsewhere.

Does anyone know how the squad wage bill compare to non-playing staff wage bill at Premier League clubs?

Let's be honest, every top level club should be doing this. Some idiot Liverpool fans on Twitter trying to claim a cash flow issue. The reality is though that top level football clubs are unique placed to deal with this, because they have a relatively high number of very highly paid staff for what is actually quite a small company (relatively speaking). It's a fair argument that the CEO of British Airways, for example, taking a pay cut isn't going to make much of a dent in the wage bill of thousands of staff. But when you've got a squad of 25-odd players on millions a year (and not all clubs do, of course, but Liverpool definitely do) surely your cash flow issues disappear with a simple request to your players to take a pay cut to subsidize the wages of the other staff. When you add up the wages of all of the other staff at the club, And almost all players I'm sure would be happy to do this as they have at Juventus and elsewhere.

Does anyone know how the squad wage bill compare to non-playing staff wage bill at Premier League clubs?

missing the point a little with this..

Pay entertainers what you want but the wheel breaks without those employees as spokes. it’s why those ingrained at the club get a spring in the step when a manager like Pep and dare I say it, bacon chops at the shit hole, involve them in the success model. A business continuity plan is in place for this reason, abusing a system is inherently wrong when the original plan is clearly not worth the paper it is written on, yet we have our owner being abused for doing the opposite with his own money, fuck off..

Scouse twats and those alike should be shamed after this, however, don’t hold your breath!

Statement doesn't go far enough in my opinion.
It should say something like; "it is for responsible businesses involved in a multi-billion pound industry to make contingency plans for unforeseen circumstances and not to rely on hard-working taxpayers to support an unsustainable business model".

But maybe that's just me.

Might want to emphasise our opposition to state funding... !

missing the point a little with this..

Pay entertainers what you want but the wheel breaks without those employees as spokes. it’s why those ingrained at the club get a spring in the step when a manager like Pep and dare I say it, bacon chops at the shit hole, involve them in the success model. A business continuity plan is in place for this reason, abusing a system is inherently wrong when the original plan is clearly not worth the paper it is written on, yet we have our owner being abused for doing the opposite with his own money, fuck off..

Scouse twats and those alike should be shamed after this, however, don’t hold your breath!

I don't know how to highlight on here ! but your bit about every club try to involve the employees in their success is bang on. That is why Liverpool paid every staff member a huge bonus when they won the club world cup in December. Each member of staff received thousands of pounds. This is why it is now so annoying when they ask/beg for money from the government. They could easily afford it but why should they if someone (us the taxpayer) is giving it to them.

What's that phrase, lower than a snakes belly.

Is it on the bbc football page yet ?

Nope, just as the use of the stadium hasn’t been reported (as far as my bbc news app and I customise it to get City news).

Be reassured that normal service is being conducted - Kyle’s transgressions are front and centre on the sports/football/city tabs.

C**ts

Nope, just as the use of the stadium hasn’t been reported (as far as my bbc news app and I customise it to get City news).

Be reassured that normal service is being conducted - Kyle’s transgressions are front and centre on the sports/football/city tabs.

C**ts
Yes no mention of the payments to staff, but having a do at Walker instead. Bunch of tossers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.