Anyone remember Wyn Davies's time at City?

He was always noted for his ability in the air and I remember him conceding a free kick in a game v Spurs at Maine Road for 'dangerous heading'. The action was in the middle of the pitch and when the ball was barely 6 inches off the ground instead of kicking it he dived to head it colliding his head with a Spurs player's legs. Surely a unique infringment!

Short term signing that worked very well, we scored a hatful of goals that season. Happy memories of the Mighty Wyn !

Wyn the Leap! What a jump he had on him. Played against us for Newcastle in the 1968 title-winning 4-3 at St James’ Park. Every time the ball was played into the air to him, we were bricking it. We handled him pretty well, to be fair, that day. He did ok for us when he signed and gave our attack a different dimension. I think his fellow countryman Ron Davies was the better all-round player, though.

Didn't he head butt Larry Lloyd at Anfield, seemed to remember it was from a corner at the kop end.
Also at West Ham away, I think he scored a cracking goal.
I was in the south bank that day pretty hairy I must say

We might well have won the title that year, if we had kept him. As others have pointed out, half of Franny's goals that year were from Wyns in the box (tee hee). Franny said afterwards he could'nt we believe we sold him when we had such a good system going.
I've always felt the rags, knowing we had some cash probs, just made an offer to fuck us up.

A long time ago but I recall being stood on the scoreboard end on a rainy midweek game. A cross came in at that end Wyn met it with a powerful header from what seemed around the penalty spot, the ball rebounded off the bar and landed past where he stood. It's a long time ago so some of the memory may be wrong. Still, what power he had

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.