Bluehammer's 'Top 100 Greatest Songs of All Time'

ok, this will help me through my isolation - Many have questioned my music taste over the years. so here's my daily favorite tunes from 100-1.

Always had a soft spot for REM but found them really inconsistent- this is a catchy one I always hear in my head.

REM - What's The Frequency, Kenneth ?

Sorry mate you've lost me at the first hurdle - it's a no from me on REM............

Ì'll raise you.....

"What a rotten song", indeed!

Nobody knows who wrote Knees Up Mother Brown, the 1938 version was attributed to Bert Lee, Harris Weston and I. Taylor , but it had existed for at least two decades before that. The song came to prominence at the end of the 1st World war, it was noted that it was sung extensively in East End boozers on Armistice night 11th November 1918, but to this day no one knows who wrote it.

The celebrations marking the end of the 1st World War were very boozy affairs, they went on for three days, before they were finally broken up by the police.

ok, this will help me through my isolation - Many have questioned my music taste over the years. so here's my daily favorite tunes from 100-1.

Always had a soft spot for REM but found them really inconsistent- this is a catchy one I always hear in my head.

REM - What's The Frequency, Kenneth ?

I loved Automatic for the people and their previous stuff so wasn't sure when I first heard Monster. I then went to see them live at Murrayfield Stadium where they were joined by The Cranberries who were ok. This was REM's opener for the night and it was absolutely searing hot. The band were at their very best. A couple of years later I saw them at Stirling Castle and to say they were lacking in intensity is an understatement. WtfK will always take me back to that gig. Superb. Great choice for no 100 mate. Look forward to your daily choices. Well done for doing this.

I loved Automatic for the people and their previous stuff so wasn't sure when I first heard Monster. I then went to see them live at Murrayfield Stadium where they were joined by The Cranberries who were ok. This was REM's opener for the night and it was absolutely searing hot. The band were at their very best. A couple of years later I saw them at Stirling Castle and to say they were lacking in intensity is an understatement. WtfK will always take me back to that gig. Superb. Great choice for no 100 mate. Look forward to your daily choices. Well done for doing this.

Automatic For People is one of my favourite albums to be fair

https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/album-of-the-day-rem-automatic-for-the-people.306450/

Sounds awesome gig that. Would love to have seen their early stuff live.

Nobody knows who wrote Knees Up Mother Brown, the 1938 version was attributed to Bert Lee, Harris Weston and I. Taylor , but it had existed for at least two decades before that. The song came to prominence at the end of the 1st World war, it was noted that it was sung extensively in East End boozers on Armistice night 11th November 1918, but to this day no one knows who wrote it.

The celebrations marking the end of the 1st World War were very boozy affairs, they went on for three days, before they were finally broken up by the police.

Probably Sadio Mane.

He's that good.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.