20 Team Captain of the Premier league team up to stop the proposed 30% Wage reduction

Confusing, I thought they were the ones who suggested it. Doubt any of them will be struggling to pay their mortgage anyway

Don’t believe the shite ffs.

players were bullied into entertaining the idea and quickly realized what was actually being asked.

the pay cut isn’t to save jobs, it’s to cut costs.

staff would still be screwed at most clubs and less taxes would be paid in a time the world needs that money.

players will do their part, but on their terms.

I don't really understand what the players want to achieve. Are they suggesting they can provide more money to charity tax free or that they just don't want to have their wages reduced full stop? From a repuation point of view it's a disaster. It just makes them look as bad as UEFA, the Premier League, and most club owners ie just another bunch of greedy pigs with their noses in the trough.
It's difficult to see why they should be paid for doing nothing while no football is being played and clubs are not getting any revenues. Certainly the initial comments made by that old crook Gordon Taylor from the PFA were disgraceful. Are they really that stupid that they can't see that the football gravy train has been demolished by this crisis? I would love to hear the views of someone like Vincent Kompany.

I don't really understand what the players want to achieve. Are they suggesting they can provide more money to charity tax free or that they just don't want to have their wages reduced full stop? From a repuation point of view it's a disaster. It just makes them look as bad as UEFA, the Premier League, and most club owners ie just another bunch of greedy pigs with their noses in the trough.
It's difficult to see why they should be paid for doing nothing while no football is being played and clubs are not getting any revenues. Certainly the initial comments made by that old crook Gordon Taylor from the PFA were disgraceful. Are they really that stupid that they can't see that the football gravy train has been demolished by this crisis? I would love to hear the views of someone like Vincent Kompany.
Perhaps they just don't trust the clubs to use it in the right way.
I can't for the life of me think what recent events might possibly give them the idea that some clubs are nothing more than money grubbing bottom-feeders.

Perhaps they just don't trust the clubs to use it in the right way.
I can't for the life of me think what recent events might possibly give them the idea that some clubs are nothing more than money grubbing bottom-feeders.
Don't blame them for not trusting the clubs but what the hell do they want? If they are willing to help their local communities when thousands of people are dying (I know some have already done so privately) then they have been slow off the blocks. I saw Wayne Rooney's comments today about the Government "picking on footballers." He sounded totally pathetic.
All Premier League players can easily afford a 30 per cent salary cut. Most of them earn a fortune from other commercial deals anyway. FFS how out of touch are they with the real world?

Don't blame them for not trusting the clubs but what the hell do they want? If they are willing to help their local communities when thousands of people are dying (I know some have already done so privately) then they have been slow off the blocks. I saw Wayne Rooney's comments today about the Government "picking on footballers." He sounded totally pathetic.
All Premier League players can easily afford a 30 per cent salary cut. Most of them earn a fortune from other commercial deals anyway. FFS how out of touch are they with the real world?

It's the government's responsibility to use the tax raised from all these players effectively to save thousands of lives.

Anything on top, such as Pep's generous donation, is just a bonus.

This petty communism and points scoring in this of all times is just pathetic.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.