20 Team Captain of the Premier league team up to stop the proposed 30% Wage reduction

Don't blame them for not trusting the clubs but what the hell do they want? If they are willing to help their local communities when thousands of people are dying (I know some have already done so privately) then they have been slow off the blocks. I saw Wayne Rooney's comments today about the Government "picking on footballers." He sounded totally pathetic.
All Premier League players can easily afford a 30 per cent salary cut. Most of them earn a fortune from other commercial deals anyway. FFS how out of touch are they with the real world?

Did you take a salary cut?

How about minding your own business and focusing on your own sitiuation?

Honestly, it’s none of our business what people opt to do with their money, regardless of their salaries.

They are employees.

Why don’t you focus your attention on the owners? Or do you realize you are doing exactly what they want you to do and therefore part of the problem?

It's the government's responsibility to use the tax raised from all these players effectively to save thousands of lives.

Anything on top, such as Pep's generous donation, is just a bonus.

This petty communism and points scoring in this of all times is just pathetic.

Yeah I’m sick of this shite.

Smacks of lazy scabs looking for handouts.

Thought Rooney’s comments made a lot of sense, and despite high wages, some PL footballers will not be able to take a 30% pay cut, they will have other commitments, and not all will have been savvy enough to save hundreds of thousands.

A lot of footballers will also be making contributions to charities throughout the year, as Rooney said, if you want to go down a pay cut route, it would have to be done case by case.

Much like any other business, some employees could handle a pay cut, some couldn’t.

See what happens when you allow Owners to buy Clubs to use as "Cash Cows"

Rags,LiVARpool prime examples.

Owners who have used these Clubs to secure cash loans and other investment for Shopping Centres etc.

Syphning of profit instead of reinvesting.

Laughable these business models are viewed as good for the game.

Whilst an owner investing his wealth is seen as bad for the game.

With Shopping centers shutting their doors for the foreseeable future.

Interesting times ahead.

Wouldnt be surprised if a big Premier League Club gets caught up in a financial perfect storm.

Parasitic owners unable to service their debts.

I've come to believe that they are greedy buggers, not because they have contracts that should pay them XYZ but because even they must recognise that these are exeptional circumstances.

Did you take a salary cut?

How about minding your own business and focusing on your own sitiuation?

Honestly, it’s none of our business what people opt to do with their money, regardless of their salaries.

They are employees.

Why don’t you focus your attention on the owners? Or do you realize you are doing exactly what they want you to do and therefore part of the problem?
I have lost 100 per cent of my freelance income and have no bail-out so am living off my savings not that it's any of your business. Where did I say the owners are squeaky clean? I would suspect that none of those players are employees. They will all be self-employed with multiple sources of income. The club owners may be mostly parasites and greedy pigs but it doesn't mean the players have to follow their lead.

Technically aren’t players ‘furloughed’ therefore they should be paid 80% (up to £2500 per month - LOL!).

I know they aren’t subject to normal employee rules due to their type of fixed contract but if the footballers don’t concede something they’ll stink the place out.

Loads of big (profitable) businesses looking for handouts tbf, don’t see why football is any different.

That slimy twat Gordon Taylor (hate the fucker!) was no doubt the one suggesting it’d hurt the NHS if this was imposed.

I have lost 100 per cent of my freelance income and have no bail-out so am living off my savings not that it's any of your business. Where did I say the owners are squeaky clean? I would suspect that none of those players are employees. They will all be self-employed with multiple sources of income. The club owners may be mostly parasites and greedy pigs but it doesn't mean the players have to follow their lead.

That sucks and I’m sorry for your situation.

My gripe is that it not on the players to be told what to do. It’s absolutely nobodies business but theirs and tbh judge them when all is done and not now.

I don't really understand what the players want to achieve. Are they suggesting they can provide more money to charity tax free or that they just don't want to have their wages reduced full stop? From a repuation point of view it's a disaster. It just makes them look as bad as UEFA, the Premier League, and most club owners ie just another bunch of greedy pigs with their noses in the trough.
It's difficult to see why they should be paid for doing nothing while no football is being played and clubs are not getting any revenues. Certainly the initial comments made by that old crook Gordon Taylor from the PFA were disgraceful. Are they really that stupid that they can't see that the football gravy train has been demolished by this crisis? I would love to hear the views of someone like Vincent Kompany.
Some of vinnies players wont a cut so he is covering it,i put it in his thread a couple of weeks ago,different scale obviously as they dont earn much

Players like everyone else have to agree to be furloughed. Now for most of us it’s a choice between accepting or redundancy. But I believe most players are self employed and contracted to a club but even if they are not they (contracts)are an asset of the club. Now if the club go in breach of contract, even using force majeure, then the players have the right to walk away citing breach of contract - potentially costing the clubs millions. Other - none playing staff are just like most of us, and as businesses the clubs could be doing what our employers are doing and using the government scheme to preserve there longevity. It is to the credit of certain clubs that they have opted to pay those staff. Big companies such as BA, Virgin, and others have not and are not paying 100 percent and are taking the governments shilling. British media storing up shit again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.