Boris Johnson admitted to hospital - now discharged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trumps pressers have all taken place in a small room in the white house all on the podium side by side,i had more space in mums kitchen as a kid.
That flipping microphone he cant keep his tiny hands off must be ground zero for it. Everytime someone talks into it he shakes their hand straight after and then moves it up and down before repeating over again day in day out. Prick.

less than 5,000 have died so far out of 77 million - the statistical chance Boris is one of them would be pretty staggering.

Not to be a prophet of doom here, but those figures are somewhat misleading.

The reality is we need to look at the death rate of those who have contracted the virus, and in between that there is a lot more detail that would paint a more accurate picture.

He’s been admitted to hospital, and potentially on a ventilator. When you look at the numbers in that context, and it’s the right context, it’s a very different landscape.

Like I said in my last post, I wish him and his family all the best but throwing out random population figures vs this virus is a very broad, and ultimately wholly inaccurate statement to make.

Get well soon Bojo.

you may be right before this is over
On average, about 1900 babies are born in Britain every day - 365 days a year. It’ll take some doing for this to even slow the population growth just over the next three months, never mind take our population down by the end of the year.

By the time this is all over, the world will have about 75-100 million more people in it than before we ever heard of SARS-CoV-2. It’s already got 21.5m more since it started.

On average, about 1900 babies are born in Britain every day - 365 days a year. It’ll take some doing for this to even slow the population growth just over the next three months, never mind take our population down by the end of the year.

By the time this is all over, the world will have about 75-100 million more people in it than before we ever heard of SARS-CoV-2. It’s already got 21.5m more since it started.

For another thread but surely that is unsustainable. Crazy to think of that.

less than 5,000 have died so far out of 77 million - the statistical chance Boris is one of them would be pretty staggering.
I’m not sure you are looking at this the right way. The statistical chance of him being one of them now that he has contracted the virus is about 1.3% for a 55 year old. But now that he’s in hospital that chance is higher I suppose, as most don’t need hospital. So maybe it’s over 5% now. If he needs a ventilator at any point then it sky rockets unfortunately. The virus doesn’t give a shit that he’s the PM.

Keeping my fingers crossed for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.