20 Team Captain of the Premier league team up to stop the proposed 30% Wage reduction

The difference for the players from other employees is that they have guaranteed contracts to be paid their salaries, presumably without a pandemic contingency. They are not employees at will who can be fired or furloughed.

If the clubs don’t properly contingency plan for their costs, then no reason why the players should absorb the costs for hundred millionaires and billionaires (at the EPL level), especially public freeloaders who are trying to deflect public scorn to the players.

The owners want all of the upside and to shift downside risk. F*ck them.

Yeah the more I’ve thought about this, the more I side with the players.

Players are on a range of monies in their contracts, at every club. You can’t just say 30% for all, as some will be on pennies in comparison.

Secondly, why would they then stop at say the Premier League? Those wealthy ones in the championship then seem to be getting an easier ride.

After that, contract lengths may make it unfair. Why would Silva give up some of his last pay days with us, when he may not be guaranteed to start earning again for substantial amount of time?

Rooney is right, other commitments, charitable contributions, investments, businesses players have been set up, will have to be prioritised before a player takes a cut.

The owners pay the way, through the tv companies, PL monies and sponsorships, cut their incomes then? Tax them more then? I dunno.

Create a players pool, where each player can choose to make a donation as big as they wish. Take this money and do something with it and leave them be for the foreseeable, a lot have given to the cause already.

Oh, and fuck Burnley. Fuck Liverpool. Fuck Newcastle. Fuck Tottenham and fuck any other club who furloughs when their balance sheets indicate quite clearly they could pay the extra thousands.

Not sure you can force them to take a 30% paycut.
At the end of the day it should be their choice and they should be doing it firstly to save their club and to stop their club furloughing staffs wages and stop them maybe going under.
As for anything else, NHS etc.. I'm not sure why it only falls on premier league footballers.
Yes they earn a lot of money.
But what about pop stars, movie stars, other sports stars, company directors, politicians? The list can go on and on.
All of which earn a hell of a lot more than the average man on street.
Like I said forcing them just doesn't seem right.

The likes of the rags with there wage bill around 300m+ they would save 90m a year if there players do this so of course they want the players to do this! Players are not daft and them saying they want there money going to the nhs or worthy causes is correct why help out the Glazers so they can take out a huge dividend or there yearly wage of 20m.

Don't blame them for not trusting the clubs but what the hell do they want? If they are willing to help their local communities when thousands of people are dying (I know some have already done so privately) then they have been slow off the blocks. I saw Wayne Rooney's comments today about the Government "picking on footballers." He sounded totally pathetic.
All Premier League players can easily afford a 30 per cent salary cut. Most of them earn a fortune from other commercial deals anyway. FFS how out of touch are they with the real world?

FatScouseGit was always pathetic way before he started 'writing' his column for the ST! He's no doubt going to labelled the 'conscience of the nation' as each week passes. I await his pontifications on the sanctity of wedded bliss and excursions into the vice trade!

FatScouseGit was always pathetic way before he started 'writing' his column for the ST! He's no doubt going to labelled the 'conscience of the nation' as each week passes. I await his pontifications on the sanctity of wedded bliss and excursions into the vice trade!

Not to mention the importance of ensuring elderly relatives are properly seen to

What ever happens it’s a PR disaster for football & the players , a lot of people won’t see past the headline.
It’s a timely deflection of what Liverpool & Spurs have done though

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.